Respected Contributor

Re: "Peace Love World" for the rich only!(and not for lambs either!)

I'm watching a new presentation this morning and the lady is on again and reminded everyone she's Latin. She said her collection is a "sisterhood, a feel good movement, and affirmation and gift of love". She definitely is riding on a movement selling it to a niche of people.
Honored Contributor

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
What is the point of these rants? Someone must be buying it. QVC sells lots of ****** I’m not interested in. I can’t imagine I’ll ever be old and frumpy enough to want to wear Quacker Factory. I don’t feel the need to rant about it. I change the channel and go about my business.

@RollTide2008

People just expressing opinions and they are as varied as we are. I don’t care for PLW, but I own a few QF pieces and don’t consider myself old or frumpy. So there is another difference in opinion. Live and let live. 

Respected Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
I'm watching a new presentation this morning and the lady is on again and reminded everyone she's Latin. She said her collection is a "sisterhood, a feel good movement, and affirmation and gift of love". She definitely is riding on a movement selling it to a niche of people.

You've mentioned her ethnicity twice in this thread.

I'm not sure what it has to do with this discussion.

I'm sure it doesn't matter to people who like the designs or hate them.

Honored Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

It looks like the Q is reaching out to the younger audience (or older hippies)! As someone who grew up in the 60s, I might have thought this was something I needed. Thankfully I've moved past t-shirrts like this. If you love them, then buy them. I see no connection with "the rich".

I'm an old hippie and I wouldn't be caught dead in her stuff. I saw her with Gabrielle this morning on Q2 and she got a little huffy with the host when she tried to move the selling along. Maybe the line doesn't sell as well as we think and she is under pressure to move the merchandise. As far as the rich wearing this line, ah no, but the average working person would think this line is expensive for what it is.

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

I really, really dislike the "I am blessed" one because to me, it implies "and you're not."

Well I think that says alot about your attitude. I have the blessed top and receive compliments everytime I wear it. 

What a bunch of grumps on this forum Woman Tongue 

Thank you so much for your reply.  Have a blessed day.

Super Contributor

Huge rip off.
Esteemed Contributor

Last time I had on a shirt with words on it was in the 60's....it said "sock it to me'

I was a fan of Laugh In back in the day...LOL

Respected Contributor

They think we're stupid sheep, & easily manipulated.

I guess the joke's on them, because WE AREN'T. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I would not wear these but...I did buy one for my 19 year old daughter. She is brand new married and is struggling right now. (They weren’t ready).

I ordered her this one. The burgundy one on the right.

0049E40E-4B49-4274-BBFF-9C45CA967507.png

And just to be funny, I am including this in the box with the shirt. I got it made on Etsy. I chose a different font and the words in dark burgundy.

9A695F7E-0D96-4DFA-8E75-0E881BCD64DE.jpeg

I know SHE will like the shirt and the mug. So in this case the shirt has its place. I can see they aren’t for everyone, but then again nobody is going to like everything.

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal-

That was a sweet thing to do.

I hope everything works out okaySmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"