Honored Contributor

Re: "Peace Love World" for the rich only!(and not for lambs either!)

I wont comment on the clothing,to each their own, but what I find offensive is the borderline deceitful sales tactics. I actually did a little research on the line because, while they never actually said it in so many words, they've implied the company is some sort of philanthropic organization! Turns out the only one benefiting from sales are it's shareholders!

Honored Contributor

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
What is the point of these rants? Someone must be buying it. QVC sells lots of ****** I’m not interested in. I can’t imagine I’ll ever be old and frumpy enough to want to wear Quacker Factory. I don’t feel the need to rant about it. I change the channel and go about my business.

i agree @RollTide2008

when i dont care for a line i move on......i dont really feel the need to start a thread about it. if qvc is selling it, then qvc customers are buying it.

i have some pieces from this line, mostly items that DONT have sayings on them. they are a great quality and perfect for comfortable casual wear.

those that dont care for it move on......some of us DO like it. plenty of clothing lines to go around.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I really, really dislike the "I am blessed" one because to me, it implies "and you're not."

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

IMO anymore the clothing on QVC is only for the gullible.Way too pricey and the quality is going down down down. It is rare for me to buy any clothing from them anymore. On rare occasion a Mackie piece - which are still good quality, and I usually watch for them to go on clearance. I needed some new jeans and did not even consider QVC - bought from Woman Within at very reasonable price. Also I was able to get the straight leg style I prefer. QVC seems to only have skinny everything or a rare pair of boot cut.

So onlyl the gullible buy fashions from QVC?  LOL

You just have to get a dig in...

@Bri36 making up for lost time...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

I wont comment on the clothing,to each their own, but what I find offensive is the borderline deceitful sales tactics. I actually did a little research on the line because, while they never actually said it in so many words, they've implied the company is some sort of philanthropic organization! Turns out the only one benefiting from sales are it's shareholders!

@Andreatoo-

Yes, you said it-and what bothers me about this line the most, I think.

The pretense that it is something so special to enhance the world with peace,love, hope all for the unreasonable price for a t-shirt.And yes, I think too they kind of imply that  that they are a philanthropic organization.

And I guess thats why I started my rant!🤔

which I didn't think of it that way before but maybe if someone likes the clothes, they might!

Anyway, I'll take it.

Rant onSmiley Happy!- everyone, cause we can.

And sometimes when something bothers us, we can't always be quiet about it! From the insignificant and little to the big and important hopefully. I hope everyone has these moments. I think it shows we care about something!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

I really, really dislike the "I am blessed" one because to me, it implies "and you're not."

Well I think that says alot about your attitude. I have the blessed top and receive compliments everytime I wear it. 

What a bunch of grumps on this forum Woman Tongue 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@gmkb

None of the hosts thatnInhave seen who present this line is mature minded. I have watched a few shows and the styles are ridiculously overpriced and teentime

Honored Contributor

@on the bay,   Another gimmick.  I refuse to buy their tees with words.  First of all they are not all cotton but cotton and rayon or something and the price is too high for the fabric mix.  I don't need to walk around with a word on my chest to be noticed.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the Q is reaching out to the younger audience (or older hippies)! As someone who grew up in the 60s, I might have thought this was something I needed. Thankfully I've moved past t-shirrts like this. If you love them, then buy them. I see no connection with "the rich".

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’d prefer no one having to get so close, in my personal space, that they’re reading my bo-obs! Lol

LOL!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning