Respected Contributor

I choose the color I think I'll look best in.

If there isn't a flattering color, I pass.

Honored Contributor

The one I end up getting varies. I might end up with everything the same color if I don't think about it.

If there are a few different colors that I like I might go with the one I have the least of. Sometimes I'll go with my second choice in color if the first is not available in my size.

Super Contributor

I got five tops from QVC today. 1. Black, 2. black/white, 3. black/white, 4. black/white, 5. bright colored splashy abstract print - with some black in the print.

One pair of pants in the package: black.

My style depends on accessories ... so my basics are almost always black.

ETA: No black = no purchase.

Respected Contributor

my bottoms are either black, navy or jeans regardless of the fabric or length. although I am thinking of khaki for summer. basics

Super Contributor

When shopping, I usually gravitate towards a color that I like. Of course, if I have several tops in this color already, I would choose another color. I love to wear color on top with black on the bottom.

That said, I like having plenty of black tops in my wardrobe, as they are versatile. In a perfect world, the top would come in many colors AND in black, and I would buy two.

Honored Contributor

I'll pick whatever color (or colors) I love it in, provided I don't think it will look terrible on me.

I've bought several things that I really liked in colors I'd never worn before and had them wind up being the things I got the most compliments on. I was really attracted to a top in a red, and orange, and yellow print but I wasn't sure would look good on me and I don't normally wear prints. I bought it anyway. I literally had a stranger stop me and tell me how perfect it was for me and how good it looked with my coloring and hair. A month later, a friend told me that I needed to buy everything I could find with those colors because that top looked so good on me. I almost cried when it got torn in the wash and couldn't be repaired.

Step outside your comfort zone. You may be rewarded.

Honored Contributor
I never pick white or black. I have 3 hairy dogs. I pick the color to which I'm most attracted, usually turquoise, pinks or orange. I love pretty, colorful geometric prints.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment