Honored Contributor

Re: What Make a Woman Elegant?

She loves herself and wears confidence on her sleeve.

Esteemed Contributor

An elegant woman has class & self confidence.She knows who she is.

Respected Contributor

True elegance is grace under fire.  It has very little to do with outward appeance or fashion.  It's an aura of compassion, understanding and empathy for the human condition.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

High end jewelry.

Works no matter what U look like.

@SharkE   Uh, not quite sure about that one. You can put 6 ct. diamond studs on a walrus, but it still looks like a walrus to me.

@Shanus@SharkE Wonder if the walrus would "lend" me those studs? 

Jewelry can make or break an outfit, especially if you let it weary you. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

High end jewelry.

@SharkE   Uh, not quite sure about that one. You can put 6 ct. diamond studs on a walrus, but it still looks like a walrus to me.

@Jtdmum  I’ll see if the walrus will share the earrings. Lol. Seriously, I’ve seen some women wearing cwapy outfits who think expensive jewelry and a designer bag makes up for it. That was really my point. 

I think what makes a women elegant is her posture, simplicity of clothing, makeup, hair style and most importantly that she isn’t “trying” to look elegant. Women that come to mind are Jackie Kennedy, Katherine Hepburn,  Lauren Bacall, Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn...even in slacks & a sweater, they looked put together, but without standing in front of their closets for hours thinking what to wear. Modern day, I think Jennifer Anniston, Katie Holmes, Glen Close, Jessica Seinfeld and my idol Bobbi Brown have that simple, relaxed elegance. All of these women look comfortable in their skin.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

High end jewelry.

@Jtdmum  I’ll see if the walrus will share the earrings. Lol. Seriously, I’ve seen some women wearing cwapy outfits who think expensive jewelry and a designer bag makes up for it. That was really my point. 

I think what makes a women elegant is her posture, simplicity of clothing, makeup, hair style and most importantly that she isn’t “trying” to look elegant. Women that come to mind are Jackie Kennedy, Katherine Hepburn,  Lauren Bacall, Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn...even in slacks & a sweater, they looked put together, but without standing in front of their closets for hours thinking what to wear. Modern day, I think Jennifer Anniston, Katie Holmes, Glen Close, Jessica Seinfeld and my idol Bobbi Brown have that simple, relaxed elegance. All of these women look comfortable in their skin.

@Shanus, couldn't agree more!  (But I still would take the earrings!)

Honored Contributor

Beauty has nothing to do with it. Diana Vreeland was no beauty, but she was elegant. That elegance made her a woman of distinction, and grace.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clothing. Find your “uniform”...what works for you and vary the colors, accessories. Don’t try to copy or be something you’re not. You’ll never be comfortable, elegant. 

Honored Contributor

I have twin sisters in one of my ladies' clubs.  They do not look much alike.  One is boisterous, outspoken and laughs and makes funny comments but is alos self-deprecating.  She talks about whether she is correct or not, just because she thinks everything is fun 

The other never responds unless she does in a softspoken, quiet manner when she is asked or in a very business-like manner when she is talking about doing for others.  They both respond to the calling of work and doing for others equally.  They each dress very nicely.  The loud one wears more expensive clothes and has a prettier face.  The quiet one dresses just as well, probably not designer labels, however, and in a more subdued, classic style with subdued colors.  Guess which one is a lot of fun which is elegant.

Esteemed Contributor

I think if a women is confident she is elegant. Woman Wink