Respected Contributor

Re: What Make a Woman Elegant?

This is a great question with some great answers. I can’t add to anything that has already been said.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

High end jewelry.

Works no matter what U look like.

@SharkE   Uh, not quite sure about that one. You can put 6 ct. diamond studs on a walrus, but it still looks like a walrus to me.

Sure will garner attention I'd guess

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

High end jewelry.

Works no matter what U look like.

@SharkE   Uh, not quite sure about that one. You can put 6 ct. diamond studs on a walrus, but it still looks like a walrus to me.

A woman with the initial K comes to mind..... lots of bling, no elegance at all.

Super Contributor

I think elegance comes from self-possession. We used to call it poise. Politeness, unruffled demeanor, humility, knowing our own beliefs and style and not being swayed by trends or fads. Speaking clearly without slang or “like” or too loudly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it is all about attitude.

Respected Contributor

I agree that it comes from within. People are born with it or are not.....

It doesn’t have to be expensive or designer. It has to be put together, well kept, smelled fresh, graceful movements and never ever ever ever loud.

Honored Contributor

A woman is elegant when she is seen as a stand-alone, separate from anything or anyone, and has the ability to make a statement about herself without trying.

Honored Contributor

@PodyPo wrote:

I think elegance comes from self-possession. We used to call it poise. Politeness, unruffled demeanor, humility, knowing our own beliefs and style and not being swayed by trends or fads. Speaking clearly without slang or “like” or too loudly.

Women have been told that they are shrill when they raise their voice. Sometimes we need to speak loudly. If that denotes a lack of elegance, so be it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PodyPo wrote:

Women have been told that they are shrill when they raise their voice. Sometimes we need to speak loudly. If that denotes a lack of elegance, so be it.

Well said @suzyQ3.

Some of the most important women in history made full, loud use of their voices. 

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of confidence and style.