Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warm Weather Color Choices

I prefer lighter colors year round, with PINKS and corals among my favorites.🥰 I wear, blacks, browns, and creams only during the winter months.👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I wear mostly white pants, shorts, crops and capris in the summer, but have navy and colored ones as well and a few prints.  I prefer aqua, soft blues and pinks and peaches.  But about anything goes in the summer.. I do love white linen! 

Other seasons mostly black and navy pants, some jeans, and tops of darker colors--especially jewel tones and black and brown mixed.  

Trusted Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I am very fair and have the opposite opinion of my fellow posters above.  Smiley Happy  I look TERRIBLE in pastels.  I need vivid colors.  I also love black - even in summer.

@Pink123 @santorini 

I wonder if whether you look good in pastels  or not depends on your undertone? 

I know that I look absolutely corpse -like in black, dark or too intense of colors close to my face (I look older, paler and it brings out the reddness).

In contrast when I wear white, pastel pink or light grey,etc near my face I look like a fresher faced 22 year old (haha, I wish but I do look brighter and younger).

But I've also seen fair people who look amazing like @santorini in darker colors and washed out in lighter colors....interesting

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

@GingerHead  that's a great question I was ready to ask.  I'm "cool" meaning easy to blush, pink, whatever you want to name it.

It's absolutely a no go in black or dark shades in 95 degree weather (lol, but not really) in the summer months. I'm only a few from ocean but yes, it is sweltering here regardless.

When it is cold and my skin turns a pretty shade of light fair I can wear a black or navy once in a blue moon.  It kind of gets me happy to take out my new navy doublet breasted blazer for a an evening. Smiley Happy

(PS. I can't stand eating outside anymore here in Florida, summertime, oh my goodness)

Respected Contributor

Regardless of the season, I must wear strong color. No pastels for me. I enjoy red, yellow, white, black, patterns, stripes, and of course denim. Solid color, full-length jeans, or pants in navy, black, denim, and brown are year round staples. My tops speak to the season or holiday.

Respected Contributor

Re: Warm Weather Color Choicesun

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

I wear dark colors and brights in the summer!  ❤️

Nothing beats classic optic white, red, navy or the blackest black especially with a little tan.  But I love bright tops!  I nearly always wear white or khaki on bottom unless it's denim shorts.

Fun Question, thank you for posting.😃

Trusted Contributor

My color choices are very seasonal.  The biggest change I make is that we move to our lake house full-time from Memorial Day to Labor Day and I do not take anything black.  I wear pastels in the spring and summer and not too much the rest of the year.  And I follow the old rule of wearing white only in the summer months. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pink123 Well, I had my colors done in the 80's, don't know if you're familiar with that, and I was told I'm a Spring. I really don't know if I'm cool or warm, I kinda think I'm a little of both (neutral?). I prefer gold jewlery but look better with a pale/barbie pink blush (peach not so much). So kinda both cool and warm....haha

I hear you about the heat. I cannot stand bright sunlight or weather above 75 (a cloudy 75)....

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerHead  nothing over 75? Yay and lucky you. Oh  your face would become beet red down here with the heat not to forget the humidity. I don't purchase real cute faux fur bomber type jackets anymore because they are not necessary. I miss over the knee boots. as well...

Sorry, back to topic.

So If you tend to blush easily, get red, have rosacea type features, sensitive to many skin products you are "cool".  Also if you have any food allergies this is another sign.  Yes the descriptions are odd as we feel warm but yet we are cool, lololol.

Respected Contributor

I wear jewel tones year round, plus black and white. I never wear white/ivory/cream/beige near my face, though, unless it's in a print--or a tank used as a layering piece. I need color near my face, even if that color is black!