Super Contributor

What I Wore 4/14/24...

[ Edited ]

Hi fashion friends.

Our weather is still fluctuating wildly, and I'm sick of it! Could we please have our two weeks of warm spring weather already!? I feel a weather rant coming on, so...quick!...let me turn to fashion...

All my wool/cashmere is stored and not to be seen until late October.  I'm getting a lot of use out of...and very pleased with...two mid-weight cotton sweaters I thrifted for transition. They work for the winter to early (cool) spring transition with varying weights of base layers. They are working so well, that I hope my days of buying wool/cashmere items for our short, so-called winter around here are, for the most part, over. (The phrase for the most part is my way of hedging my bet in case I find a cashmere sweater or two I can't live without 😁.) Heavier cotton sweaters are in my future for sure.

I did a quick closet inventory, which I do before starting the storing process and counted 135 items (jeans, tops, jackets, pants, dresses, skirts, ponchos), 15 more than I had last year. I added several jackets for transition (not a fan of jackets...to me, they're functional rather than love). I also added several cropped tops to go with my Dad jeans (I think cropped, snug tops look better with slouchier wider A-line bottoms...normally, I don't wear cropped tops because BottiBelli 😮), a pair of dressier black pants, two new pairs of Dads, and several of my favorite summer jeans (AG Isabelle).

OTOH, I can still look around my closet and pick seven to 10 items (approx. the same as last year) that I can rotate out for something "new" (the one-in, one-out rule).

Some of the main reasons I'm not a fan of jackets: If I have to take it off while I'm out and about, I don't want to deal with lugging it around. If I think I might take it off, I'm fussy about what I'm wearing under the jacket. Last, but not least, they take up a lot of closet space and for what? A few weeks of wear twice a year? Not worth it IMO. (YMMV.) Thankfully, I can put together at least two outfits for each jacket I currently own, so that's a bonus...

*Mondetta light periwinkle (can't get an accurate pic of this pretty color darn it) rain jacket...nylon-like fabric with mesh lining...comfy, casual, and, I could smoosh it into my purse if I had to, but I don't go out if it's raining, unless I get caught in a downpour, in which case Murphy's Law dictates that I won't be wearing my rain jacket! 😠😂 *Calvin Klein elbow sleeve mock neck cotton tee. *Thrifted Levi's 724 straight leg jeans that I patched. *Converse Jacks.

*Thrifted Talbot's cotton jacket. *Blue/white stripe A New Day long sleeve tee. *Thrifted Levi's. *E-thrifted Isaac Mizrahi Live driving mocs.

*Thrifted Gap cotton knit dolman sleeve topper (blue, black, white threads). *Thrifted mid-wash men's Red Camel (never heard of it) 100% sturdy cotton "Dad" jeans ($5...almost exact same measurements as my $98 Levi's Dads, go figure). *CuddlDuds base layer. *Converse Jacks. (Comfy, casual outfit that, in my neck of the woods, I can wear just about anywhere, including a lazy day at home.)

A harbinger of summer is when it's warm enough to wear cropped jeans!  I like different inseam lengths, and I have several, but if you are thinking these look like floods, I tend to agree...eventually, I'll cut them a little shorter to achieve an intentionally cropped length vs. floods.  I wore this outfit out to dinner one evening and out and about a few days later.  Temps were pushing 80 in between days with much cooler temps (when I wore outfits 1 and 2)...rollercoaster!

*E-thrifted Eileen Fisher sky blue linen knit sweater (I'm pretty sure this top will end up as transition wear only because it will probably be too "heavy" for our hot/humid summers). *BLANKNYC 100% sturdy cotton cropped jeans...a very light wash denim, and, believe it or not, I think they're better quality than my AGs...go figure. *Thrifted light blue suede Steve Madden espadrilles. *E-thrifted Lucky Brand tiered necklace (all other jewelry y'all have seen a dozen times!).

Close-ups (honestly, the Mondetta is a light periwinkle)...

The braided ankle tie came with the shoes...I can easily swap out for the blue/white cotton ribbon...

Have a wonderful week ladies!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

as always, your post made me smile.

may I ask where you E-thrift? other than sites like eBay, Poshmark, Vestiare (formerly Tradesy) and Etsy are there great websites for purchasing the smart and lovely things you post?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF 

You look nice in all the outfits. My favorite is the E-thrifted Eileen Fisher sky blue linen sweater. Here in Seattle I could wear that 10 months of the year...maybe even 12 if inside in over chilled location.

Also like the red Talbot's jacket. I'm a sucker for the right red top. These days I don't wear structured jackets often.I am usually wearing zip up yoga style jackets or zip up sweaters. Not fashionable, but practical for my life these days.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

The red jacket !🤌

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF- Looking good. Love the jackets.

Honored Contributor

Love #1 and #4 on youSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

As usual, you are so put together!  I love especially the red jacket and shoes in #2.  And I really like #4 - the color of that sweater is perfect and I really like the jeans.  You are so nice and trim - I envy you!  What is your secret?  I battle with my weight constantly!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

This week all were winners.  They would certainly fit my lifestyle.  You look great I all of them.

Respected Contributor

My favorite this week.

I like your red jacket and shoes with jeans and stripe tee. Very nice outfit.

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF Love it, love them all!  Real clothing for a real life!  Woman Very Happy  You always look put together and confident!