Respected Contributor

Unusual Walmart Pants for Apple Shapes

[ Edited ]

I threw these into my curbside grocery pickup order on impulse.

Screenshot (45).png

Immediately I thought this is a new fabric. Woven 63% cotton, 35% rayon, 2% spandex. Like chino/khaki weight but incredibly smooth. Wash on delicate and line dry.

There's more rise and fabric in the front than in the back. I'm an apple, and there's almost too much in front, but they would be too tight in the rear if I sized down. NOT an elasticized waist. 21" inseam.

Much of the info is wrong. Not pull-on -- zipper and button. There are belt loops. Pockets are stitched down and need to be cut open. (When was the last time you saw that at Walmart?) The pockets are poly or nylon, not listed in fabric. What I see as pink gingham is actually a pink-based clay.

I'm keeping them. If they stretch out I'll have to wear a belt. I think they'll look great with a plain white tee. If this fabric works, I'd much prefer a suit in this than liquid knit fusion.

"Time & Tru Women's Pull-On Capris"   $18.98

Respected Contributor

Re: Unusual Walmart Pants for Apple Shapes

I recently tried Tried and Tru jeans. Surprise I really like them. Had to have them shortened. They are so worth it elastic back. Washed first before shortening. 

Honored Contributor

Just curious.  Why do you say they are for apple shapes?  I checked them out and think they are cute.  I like the navy blue and white.  

I'm not apple shaped, though.  

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee   Apples carry their weight in their abdomen. These pants have a higher rise and more fullness in the front than in the rear. That's unusual. They may be more expensive pants that were cut wrong and the retailer turned them down. They would not work for someone with a small waist and broad hips. 

But it's a nice fabric and it's Walmart. Take a chance!

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@Foxxee   Apples carry their weight in their abdomen. These pants have a higher rise and more fullness in the front than in the rear. That's unusual. They may be more expensive pants that were cut wrong and the retailer turned them down. They would not work for someone with a small waist and broad hips. 

But it's a nice fabric and it's Walmart. Take a chance!

@PickyPicky3 

Thanks for the explanation.  Yes, I see.  Walmart's pants aren't usually cut like that...very full in the front; although, I have received a few QVC's pants cut like that. 

I like some of Walmart's Time and True and Free Assembly clothing.  Surprised at the quality for the low price.  

Respected Contributor

I think they're cute. I also wouldn't limit yourself to just a white top. I could see wearing other colors with it, especially a sour apple green.

Honored Contributor

If they are an Apple fit, there would be more fabric in the belly.  I had a catalog that sold pants in an Apple fit option.  All that matters is that they fit well.  I also would wear them with a white tee.  When I wear pants with bold prints or checks, I offset with a white tee or shirt.

Respected Contributor

Pockets are stitched and have to be cut open? Im not a fashion person so i have to ask... is that a thing? To have to cut open pockets?

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Pockets are stitched and have to be cut open? Im not a fashion person so i have to ask... is that a thing? To have to cut open pockets?

I'm 63 and it's been a thing in well made clothing all my life.  Pockets are sewn and you clip the threads to open the pocket.  Also the vents are tacked down and you snip the threads to open them.