Respected Contributor
On 6/8/2014 BeckiWV said:

I got a couple of SG tops last week. I love them.

They are pricey on the face of it, but I think they will be a good value in the long run at cost per wear, because these particular tops fit well, look great, are not overly trendy, and will wear like iron because they are both liquid knit which I happen to love.

When I find something I really like, I tend to wear it a lot. I don't buy things to not wear them.

I can buy cheaper pieces elsewhere, it's true, but they usually don't last as long or wear as well either.

I agree with this!! I bought a few tanks @JCP last yr. I do not dry any of my tops, & these have shrunk so much I can not wear them. I had rather pay a little more for something that will last longer than 1 yr.

I have several SG tops, & love them all. I wear 2x & it is hard to find clothing that looks/fits decent in my area, so I am fairly satisfied buying SG.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you, the prices have crept up there. And the fit is a bit loose--and this is from a BIG gal (six feet tall and a size 18.)

Also, this is a pet peeve. PLEASE stop naming fabrics weird names. Shantung, chiffon I know. What on earth is "milky knit" "ponte knit" ? Until I get one home, I have no idea if it's the fabric I like.

And how about making sure lighter colored fabrics aren't see-through?

I do like Susan's clothing but now I have to pick and choose. Jackets have gotten dumpy looking, skirts are huge. I do like the tops--I have a set of knit tops with 3/4 sleeves and a very nice round neck with hardware that are so perfect for work or church yet are cool enough for hot days. That's the kind of clothing that works for me.

I tend to buy Linea for better clothes. I can't buy Joan Rivers--those boxy short jackets don't work for big busts and short waists--her designs favor the petite woman. Nothing wrong with that ...just not for me. I miss Nina Leonard. And Dennis Basso makes fabulous coats.

Honored Contributor

I shop in stores and yes, the average run of the mill top is about $40.00. You still have to pay tax. $40.00 is about reasonable in the age of inflated dollars that increasingly worthless. The department stores are much, much more. With prices of $250 for a rather thin sweater (found at Nordstrom) You can go to Macy's and find cheaply made tops for under $30.00 but poor quality.

HSN on the computer might be better. They don't charge tax (for my state) They will if you order on the phone.

Honored Contributor
I agree with the OP , all the prices for clothing at QVC are high but esp. For SG cheap poly. Fine with me , I save a lot of money, do not really need any clothing so it is all impulse buys anyway.But even on an impulse I would not spend these prices. You do have to realize there are a lot of folks on this BB who do not seem to need to think about cost , they buy what they want, period, with no regard to the price.
Super Contributor

I just received a lovely Susan Graver top. However, I think it is very over priced. Stores in the malls carry tops that look very much like hers, but half the price. My problem is -I don't want to fight the traffic and search the mall. It's all about convenience for me.