Esteemed Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, Jan 25th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny here and should make it to 70 degrees.  Very nice!  Hope the weather isn't too bad in your area.  

As I mentioned late yesterday, my trip to see the migrating sandhill cranes yesterday was great.  As you might imagine, we did a lot of talking on the way to and from the wildlife refuge, and I learned some new things.

One was that my buddy who has conjunctivitis keeps using eye make-up rather than take a pause as the doctor ordered.  Also, she is using a product (ordered through the internet) that is supposed to grow your eyelashes.  Not a prescription product, and costs $50 a month.  I just can't imagine using eye make-up when I am trying to get over an eye problem or purchasing a product making those types of medical claims for my eye area without a prescription.  I really hope she takes a break from both.  The other two ladies don't wear any make-up or at least no eye make-up, but I do.  However, I am very cautious about products used in my eye area, and I don't wear mascara since I have had issues with it in the past.  Not infections, but trouble with eye irritation.

I think that I'm safe for today since I am not interested in purchasing beauty products plus I already have two very good antennas that cost less than $30 each.  I hope any of you who find something you want/need enjoy your purchase very much.

Nothing exciting planned for the day.  Laundry is going, and I will visit my "regular" hospice patient later.  Later still I will do my weekly financial review.  My tax statements are dribbling in, but many have not arrived yet, so I am not working on taxes yet.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Saturday, Jan 25th)

Hi Everyone!

It's raining (again) today but snow is in the forecast. I like snow but not the ice so I have fingers crossed that we get one and not the other.

The deer and bucks are running around in our yards again. Today we had one solar light that had the top kicked down to the bottom of the revine and the wind spiner (Plow & Heath) had been bent over. Our 5' fence sections that stake into the ground were bent over and looked more like a slide. They must be really hungry. We were able to restake the fences so at least the bottoms didn't snap off. I'm kicking myself now that I did not order a second set of the HSTV solar lights. I had cleared out all of the bits and pieces of the old solar light sets in the fall. Searching for a replacement top I found a few more bits and pieces that will need to go. That's on the list for another day. 

I'm starting to think about the switching files around project as more and more tax info arrives in the mail. Our accountant has an early deadline so I have to hussle. It works for us because once the taxes are filed then I'm not stressing anymore if we had everything in the proper place for now and our future. 

I'm not interested in Beauty Day today. I told myself that I'm not ordering until I'm on empty. A new goal for this year. I'm always a sucker for stocking up because it's difficult to find anything that works with all of my allergies. If I manage to just scale it back by 50% then I will be happy. 

I enjoyed watching Peyton last night. I love all the exotics but they were all over my budget. I didn't cave all day and all night. I still have 2 items that I'm considering for my gifts for birthday & Christmas. Still need more time to decide if I want to give in to a want this early in the year.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Like you, I question why someone who is having an eye issue would spend that much on eye products without doctor approval. I had an eye allergy to a product once and it wasn't nice. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip and learned much.

Fressa--The deer  are really having a field day with intrusion into your property and decorations. We used to have several but haven't seen them since early November. Good job on resisting ordering beauty items until needed.

I got in 8 hours of sleep last night. Beauty Day is not a temptation for me today. I have what I like and don't need to get more for a couple of months. Instead, I did my taxes today and e-filed them to be an early bird for a change.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I've often joked that I could be in the middle of a sandstorm with 50 other people and I could be the only one with air tights goggles and I would still be the only person who got something in her eye.

No kidding - it's like my eyes are a magnet for everything.

Your buddy needs her head examined for using eye makeup while she has conjuctivitis.  That spreads from one eye to the next so easily that when I've had it, I changed pillowcases all of the time, washed my hands till they looked like leather and was paranoid I was gonna spread it from one eye to the other.  She don't realize that the infection causing the conjuctivitis is getting on the mascara and eye shadow applicators and will continue to be the gift that keeps on giving.

I can't even get started on the eyelash growth formula Woman Tongue that she's buying over the internet.

Years ago I had an older opthalmologist who used to delight in telling me what shades of eyeshadow I had used the week I saw him.  Mind you I went in totally barefaced (because I knew how he was) and he could still see traces in my eyes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hey Fressa @Fressa   I have a color morphing solar slight on the small bird cemetery in my backyard and the squirrels do a number on it at least once a week.  It was good to see Peyton - I avoided the jewelry shows because I didn't want to order something that I wouldn't wear very much.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I wish I had all of my paperwork to do my taxes.  If it was just pension related I would be all set.  In 2019, I received an unexpected bonus from my employer for year end 2018.  I'd forgotten that I was eligible for something because I worked the first quarter of 2018 before retiring.  My employer has until the end of January to send out the tax related forms and they wait until the end of January too Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am glad that you enjoyed your day trip yesterday.  I would love to go see the bald eagles in our area.   It's a good day trip usually done in February.  We have a few closer to home, but these other areas are supposed to be very nice.  We have been getting tax info almost every day and plan to go see our tax lady in a few weeks.  First we have to pay our property taxes which are due on 01/31/.

fressa, I think that you jinxed my microwave.  Lol.  It's been making weird noises for over a week.  The GE maintenance guy is coming on Tuesday morning to look at it.  It's 5 year warranty runs out on 03/31/2020.  I only wear a little bit of eye shadow for special occasions.  Since I wear glasses, It's not very visible anyway. I always wear 💄💄 though.  It just makes my face glow.  I have a few LG makeup items that I do like.  Especially in the summertime. One of my bil's is an optometrist & he has told me a few horror stories. That reminds me that we both need to get our eyes tested real soon.  He is planning to retire soon.  

We have had 4 snowstorms in three days.  Last night's 3" was heavy this morning.  Good thing that we have a snow blower and two of us together makes  it much easier.  The trees were so beautiful this morning.  Picture perfect.  Now it has mostly dropped off of the trees. 

I made potato soup for lunch and then my granola cereal.  The hot tub was emptied on Thursday and refilled yesterday.  It's a good thing that we have been able to go in a few times each day.  I have had a back ache and I think it's from the snowblower.  I was able to go back to the gym this week after missing all of last week.  

I was supposed to go to our yearly church meeting this morning, but the hostess lives out in the country with a long lane.  No thanks.  We can get together when the weather is more favorable.

It's snowing again.  It's a good thing that I enjoy it.  Lots of cute snowmen around here.  Yesterday I saw a large snow sculpture.  I need to drive by it tomorrow just to see what it really is.  It's at least 6' tall.

Christopher was 19 years old on Monday.  He had a fun Christmas break  skiing with his Dad and friends & then sledding at a friend's family cabin.  Now it's back to college.

Andrew is 17 years old today.  He works a lot at the TKD Studio on weekends and enjoys it.  They both got a nice card and $$ to have fun with.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean and Bird Mama, it looks like we are all having fun getting our tax preps ready.  We did our own taxes the first year that we were married.  Of course, this was my dh's idea.  They came back a couple of weeks later.  Unsigned!  I was so sure that we would be going to prison.  Never has he talked me into doing them again.  Our tax lady is very nice and reasonable.  When I was forced to leave work at the drop of a hat 18 years ago & my DH took early retirement a year later, she was so kind to us during my illness that she had us come in one day for Free and told us the best way to invest our different bank accounts,  stocks etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, my hospice patient's son cancelled my visit today.  She had a TIA on Monday, and is sleeping a lot.  Hopefully, I can visit next Saturday.

Glad you got some snow, twinny.  Happy Birthday to your grandsons.

Good for you with the taxes, Jean.  Some of my statements are not scheduled to arrive until mid February.  So, mine will just have to wait.

Waves to Fressa (what a lot of damage those deer are doing), Bernie (funny story about your ophthalmologist), and all of our posters and readers.

I received a message from FitBit that I have walked 12,430 lifetime miles (the distance between the North Pole to the South pole).  Lifetime in this case is the time I have had the FitBit which was mid July 2016.  Is there any wonder that I am wearing out shoes pretty often.  LOL