Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, April 1st)

Good morning and welcome to a new month.  It's cold outside in my part of Michigan and the sun is shining brightly.

I'm doing fairly well on the shopping front.  JCP and DSW have been offering me some pretty good deals with bonus items and it's been fairly easy for me to disregard the sales pitches.

How long that will last is anyone's guess Woman Very Happy

Image result for welcome april

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Monday, April 1st)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thank you for starting us today.  Here we are sunny but cold.  I am so ready for spring.  I need some sunshine, warmer weather and actually want to get in my yard and do a few things. 

Not much going on around here.  I have been on a return spree, I went on a shopping spree and now it is time to return a few things.  I really need to curb my shopping, I have not done well the last couple months.  Okay now I am off my soap box.

Hope Jean and her niece are having a good time, I saw a couple pixs of the vacation and they look wonderful.

I need to get moving, I have 3 bathrooms to get cleaned today, I know my life is just so exciting.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Glad that it is sunny there, even if it is cold.  We are having sunny and warm weather here -- was a little chilly this morning (40's), but should reach the upper 70's today.  Good job on the shopping resistance.  I am not doing too well on that, but that is my goal.

Hi Susan -- guess we are in the same boat.  I finally saw the credit for returning the Martha Stewart jeans.  The new way they are doing it is returning all but the shipping charge (in this case $3.50), and then separately charging for the return label ($6.95).  Even if the TSV appealed to me (which it does not), I would not be rushing to order given the $10.45 "try on" charge.  Hope you get your cleaning done and have some time to relax.

I'm back from strong bones class which went well.  I'm trying to organize the next bookclub meeting (next Monday), and need to check on a few financial things.  But, I'm also planning to take a walk and do some cleaning.  It does look like Jean and her niece are having fun on their trip.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies...cute graphic of Snoopy Bernie.....I love him and his friends.   

IT's a cold but sunny day here,about 30 when I woke up....windy too...but I guess nothing we can do.

Not much going on here I have brought up some of my Easter,spring decos up and hopefully will put them around in the next few days....I have good intentions though.

Limda I was wondering how your bookclib friend ( think it was bookclub) that has two torn rotator cuffs doing...she must be in a lot of pain if it is not fixed yet.

I also have seen the photos of Jean and her niece having a good time.

Thats about it...Yanks are in Detroit tonight so I hope there is good weather to play, yesterday there was a four hour delay here in the Bronx because of the rain we had....they lost!          HAve a nice day everyone.....Marijane. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, cute Snoopy graphic.  When our ds and dd were young, they both had Snoopy bedspreads & curtains in their bedrooms.  It's sunny and very windy this afternoon, but mild temps.  It's supposed to be in the 60's by Thursday.  Just what I like.  It doesn't seem like you have been retired for one year already.  I still say that retirement is the "best job in the world."

Susan, I haven't done much shopping this year except for a pair of Bzees bungee (sp)? style which I like because I can step into them. They are light weight and have wonderful memory foam in them.  I can't wait to wear them.  They are Niche Silver Cloud & will go with everything in my wardrobe.  I need to do some good cleaning here too.  I don't mind because I don't do anything outside except hang out laundry and pick tomatoes right outside our front door.

Linda L, yes, shipping prices are r getting to be out of hand.  I haven't purchased any clothing from the Q this year yet.  Just T.I.P.S. nail polish remover which is a  winner for me.  

We had a nice time at the 80th birthday party yesterday.  Lots of people & a beautiful 3 tiered cake made by one of his nephew's.  He was a big outdoorsman so the  cake had edible mushrooms in different shapes and sizes &  little white peaches.  He has white peach trees in his yard.

Still waiting for the heart monitor test results & a call from the UW Clinic.  Arrgh.  I am not a patient person when it comes to medical things.

My DH walked this morning.  I didn't because it's too windy for me.  I fixed breakfast and then made my dh a double batch of Orange 🍪🍪🍪.  He is a Happy Camper.  

Supper is chicken,  fresh asparagus and a baked potato. I almost ruined my microwave last week.  I have a microwave with a sensor so I put in 1/2 of a baked potato, hit the Reheat button turned my back to set the table when my DH said "Oh No."  Apparently the 1/2 potato wasn't heavy enough for the sensor to work.  The microwave was filled with smoke.  It was a good thing that it was a nice day and we could open up the windows.

Hot tubbing was on the breezy side, but the 🌞🌞 felt great.

Tomorrow are going to vote & maybe have lunch out.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, so far our Brewer's have won 3 out of 4 games.  I have no idea how the Red Sox are doing.  I put the Snowmen away a few weeks ago hoping that we might get one more big snowstorm. Nope, but it's still not to late.  I put out a few Easter & spring things.  We are hosting our DD and her family for Easter.  We did start getting things for an Easter egg hunt which we hope can be done outside this year.  Last year Easter was early and the weather was awful.  We do Easter baskets for all 5 of them.  Our dd & dsil still enjoy them.  Lol.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   you could still get snow, lol.  I'll be surprised if I don't see snow at least one more time before Easter.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

http://www.zingerbug.com/holidays/glitter_graphics/april_fools_day_trust_no_one_lolcat.jpghttps://i.pinimg.com/736x/d5/e8/0d/d5e80dae37f49bcfc9fa68f0a9ac9bff.jpg