Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., October 1)

@2blonde   I washed a comforter and cotton quilt in my own washer yesterday and that quilt got pretty heavy when it got wet.  I promised the higher power, please don't let this quilt break my washer and I will take any heavy blankets to the laundromat moving forward Woman Very Happy  My machine didn't break and of course I found a thick cotton weave blanket last night that was really heavy when it was dry.

When I bargain, even with God, I hold up my end so I went to the laundromat today to use their commercial machine.  When I stepped out of the house, all I could say was yuck - it was humid and hot.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70   the postman left my package on the porch about 20 minutes ago.  I've tried everything on, removed any sewn on tags and the white longsleeve tees are in the washer as I type this.  The 3 pair of gray athletic or in my case lounge pants will be washed next.

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1   I pray for alotta people and it's habit to light some kind of candle for each.  I have little name tags in front of each candle so I don't lose track of anyone.  When the power goes out, at least I'm not stumbling around in the dark when I look for the lanterns and flashlights Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Oooh @twinny70  you scored another great deal on a Basso coat.  Coral is such a pretty color that in my opinion never goes out of style.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, Yesterday when I was looking at the jacket which was hanging on a wall the clerk saw my DH & said to him "your wife is looking at coats again." I told him that he should have asked her if they would be marked down.  This morning when I was checking out, I asked the clerk where these coats came from & she said that she couldn't tell me because then they couldn't get them again.  I then said that I have been to the QVC outlet store in Lancaster, PA several times.  Then she said oh, that's where they came from.  Now I don't know what to believe since we are about 800 miles away from Lancaster, PA. Anyway I love my two new DB coats.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ladies!  I am not sure how to start a new thread on this I-pad, so I went with this one.  

Just wanted to let you know that I am safely in Italy, and enjoying my trip.  Need to go to a lecture now, and more lectures, etc.  If I am not too tired, I will try to post later.

Hope Jean is doing well, and all of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

@LindaLatte   Linda, I'm happy to hear you got there OK!  I hope you enjoy the trip.  What's the weather like there?  It's still hot here, but changing to fall very, very soon (waaaaaa)!

Laura loves cats!