Honored Contributor

Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., October 1)

Good Morning shopping friends,

Jean is undergoing her cardioversion procedure today and she's been in my prayers since I awoke early this morning.

The order that I placed with JCP (tees, two cardigans, athletic pants) took awhile to ship, most likely because the athletic pants were limited stock and JCP was determined to find the 3 pair I ordered.

I think the order is scheduled to arrive some time today.  

How are you on this fine day?  It's sunny, humid and going to be a hot one here (near 90).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day at a Time (Mon., October 1)

@Bird mama   Good morning to you, Bernie!  I haven't been here a lot lately because I've been busy, but I saw your post and thought I should check in!

I hope Jean's procedure goes well today, she's been through so much lately.

I hope you get your JCP order today and that everything fits.  I actually ordered a lightweight designer leather (indoor) jacket from ShopLC yesterday at a rediculously low closeout price.  It looked really nice on TV (blush pink)......we'll see how it goes.  I need another leather jacket like another hole in my head, but I have an addiction problem with them.

Here in NE Ohio, we're set to break the very old heat record for today, and even for the month of October.  It's supposed to be 92, and is already very humid.  Normal highs this time of year are around 70.  It's a jogging lunch day today, so well see how that goes.  I'll drink extra water!  By Friday, it'll all be over, as the high is supposed to be only 59......only in Ohio can we do that!  I love the heat, so this will be a huge shock to my system (I'm cold at 80).

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it was near 90° yesterday and is still warm today with a light drizzle.  I hope that Jean does fine with her cardio test today.  Enjoy your JCP clothing selections.  

2blonde, your blush pink leather jacket sounds beautiful.  Our weather changes like hours does   We are in S. WI  & it was near 90° yesterday.  It's in the 80's today, humid & sunny.  I am ready to turn the a/c back on.  I am hot & miserable at a sunny 70°.  

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, beautiful day here too......more of the same tomorrow...... hot and sunny.    I had seen a post on f.b. That Jean was back in her hotel room resting and everything so far going good.

Bernie I had to laugh at your comment yesterday how your house looks like a Catholic Church with all your candles.....I have a lot around too and buy all my batteries from  Amazon  ,their own brand.  I had just gotten a shipment 100 AA size from them....I use a lot of their C size too and usually around Christmas I use the D too.  I also have solar lanterns around outside from Amazon too....you can see I like lights!     I hope you like all the  clothing purchases from your store when they arrive.

Your jacket does sound nice 2 blonde....I do not own any leather jackets. 

Twinny I hope it gets cooler for you...we had gotten some rain the last few days during the night time hours....but the days have been great.  The  leaves are starting to fall though....but not much color.

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

I just had a fun shopping spree at the  Bargain Spot where I bought a brand new DB faux fur jacket in the ivory reversible lynx coat minus the hood for $5.00 last month.

I went to the same store yesterday & saw a beautiful coral DB water resistant front zip jacket with a removable hood for $29.99.  I came back home & looked at the QVC price & its $84.75 plus shpg & tax.

I just bought it & it's got tissue paper on the zipper pull & a nice nylon bag to store it in.

Then I brought home a carry out  pizza from our favorite Italian restaurant two blocks away.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, I have a few candles & I bought a new one that's black/orange for Halloween & fall.  I bought it on vacation two weeks ago from Michael's I think. Most of them have as batteries in them.  I have one that uses c batteries.

I think that your pool is closed.  

Vacation was fabulous except that it was hot for two weeks.  We were rain FREE for 12 days so it was great for sightseeing. Yes, I missed my annual seafood feast & seeing our ds and ddil.

Respected Contributor

@Genny1   Marijane, if you saw my back patio (I live in a condo), you'd be in heaven.  I've been using solar lights ever since they first came out years ago.  I love the color changing ones, but also have a few white......they help me find the back door keyhole at night!  I'm always replacing the old ones with the new, but I'm sure there must be over 30 of them out there right now!

I like to go out there right before bed, sit on my gravity chair, and alternate between looking at the stars and the relaxing colored light show!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@twinny70   Good for you with that water resistant hooded jacket purchase!  You sound like a girl after my own heart.  Around here you never know when something wet will be falling on your head, so I only buy jackets with hoods!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

2 blonde.  Sounds nice, I don’t have any color changing ones just the soft yellow.  I have them around my backyard and move them around different times of the year as to when the sun hits them and the leaves on trees are in bloom etc.   You can also buy batteries on Amazon for the solar lights....they are different than the regular batteries...there are several kinds so I make sure they are the same as the ones that were originally.  I started with my solar lanterns yers ago too..one of my kids had gotten me one from Sharper Image store.

Twinny sounds like you got a great deal on your DB jacket.......we had our pool closed several weeks ago.  Some years we keep it open till  Columbus Day.....but this year we closed it early.....we have had it opened  since the 2nd week of May.

Trusted Contributor

Oh another thing I had read about solar lights 2 Blonde...is that where the solar panel is every once and awhile to use a cotton pad,or I guess anything ,and put rubbing alcohol on it and clean the panel... I do it when I think of it and I don’t know if it helps or not to wipe off the dirt  that accumulates on it so the  “ rays” can get in.....