Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Saturday (12/19)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

We went down to 29 degress this morning, we also got just a dusting of snow last night.  Hope that was all of our winter weather.  Of course there were some accidents last night, everyone is still in their summer driving mode around here.

Not much going on around here today, I have a coúple of DH's gifts to wrap, but that may have to wait until next week when he will be out. 

I can't believe they have another camera for the TSV, either my interest in shopping is going or the Q hasn't done well with TSV's.  I remeber when I couldn't wait to see what were offering, now I just don't care.  Oh well, I will get off my soap box.

Off to find something constructive to do.  Have a good morning everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Saturday (12/19)

Thanks for starting the thread Susan.  You are right, the programming is redundant :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Oh I remember the days I would wait up to see the TSV  Now I rarely even look.  The value isn't that good---and yes,, too many repeats.

Should be warming up today.  Nights get very chilly when the sun starts to set. 

I need to make a grocery run.  Not looking forward to that one.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, thanks @PAlady, for starting the thread this morning. I agree the TSV's are not what they used to be. I don't even bother checking anymore. It got below freezing here again last night, but the sun is shining today.

Hi there @Bird mama.

@kittyfan, good luck on the grocery run, that is never fun, especially on Saturdays.

I've been busy since about 7:30 this morning, still have several things to do, my daughter and family left Richmond, Va. at about noon yesterday and drove to Lexington, Ky last night, then are driving on to my house today, will arrive sometime late this evening I suppose, don't know what time they started this morning. So I still have time to get done the things I need to do. I saved a little job for her to do tomorrow, lol. Need to get back to it though, so, wishing all a good weekend. Waves.....

I've been in the kitchen since about 7:30 this morning, got a few things pre-made, still have to make 3 pies and clean the downstairs bathroom

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started, Susan.  Hope it warms up there, and this is the end of your winter weather.  But, somehow I doubt that will happen.  I agree with you about the TSV's.  Lots of repeats of things I either don't need/want or already have.  I guess someone must be buying, but.....

Hi Bernie -- hope your day is off to a good start.

Good luck at the grocery store, LindaR.  It will probably be pretty busy there, but.....  It has warmed up here -- should make it into the low 70's today -- great!  The highs tomorrow should be in the 60's, but still much better than earlier in the week.  Not much sun today so far, but.....

You are certainly busy snicks.  Hope you have a wonderful time with your family and don't overdo things.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, spix, Charlene, Rosa, Barbara, pinky ann, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

One of DH's old friends called last night, and we talked quite a while.  His wife had been very ill for several years, and she passed away in October.  He had been her caregiver for a quite a while, but the last 8 months or so were very hard on him.  He said that he overdosed on caffeine (she was up a lot at night, and he had to help her), and didn't have time to exercise or do much else.  Since her death, he has totally given up caffeine and started exercising, which is a good thing.  I really admire his caregiving.  DH did not want to talk to him, and kept trying to sneak into bed while we were talking (this was about 5:00 in the afternoon).  But, I think his friend understood.  His effort now is to get rid of all his wife's craft materials (many, many crates and boxes).  Her son and daughter are taking some of them, but I'm sure he will need to find other places as well.

This is not the first time I have received bad news after sending a greeting card, but I guess that is the way it goes.  

In the caregivers group, some ladies were talking about trying to get the wax build-up out of their husband's ears, which inspired me to start on DH.  I don't know if he has big wax build-up, but it has been a while since I worked on his ears.

Other than that fun job (LOL), I will be doing my usual laundry and financial review today, and I do plan to take another longish walk in our warmer weather.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs.

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I was going to the city today to get my hair cut and colored but yesterday I started developing a sore throat and sniffles. This morning, it was worse so I just chose to stay home. I called and had the appointment rescheduled but the first opening was on the 30th.

We went from the 70s to the 20s yesterday, along with the first snow and ice. Wrecks were all over yesterday evening. It took individuals 4 hours to make the trip home yesterday evening, a trip normally no more than an hour and a half.

Once upon a time I thought the TSVs were so great with such a savings that I would stay up to Midnight to see what the TSV would be. I can even remember some things selling out a Midnight because of the great value.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, had to run out as I received an email from Zulily saying my order would not arrive for Christmas, boots for my 6 year old GD, needless to say I had to find a replacement, I did but not as nice as the ones originally ordered, well they can exchange if they want.

Then I stopped at the grocery store, oh my, disaster there also, traffic also crazy, but I didn't want to delay it as the coming days are super busy.

Our weather has cooled off, but due to get warmer again with rain, had some snow showers yesterday, only a lite dusting

So off I go making lists again  lol

Esteemed Contributor

It is amazing how much difference a few hours and rest can make in the way I feel. I'm tempted to make a run to the Post Office in hopes that the package I know is there is small enough to go into a parcel locker for pick up after window hours. I guess I can wait as I hate to get ready to make just a ten minute trip.

I am in the process of sorting and trashing some things while watching "House" streamed from Netflix. In the interest of ridding myself of things, I also downsized my cable subscription as there weren't that many things on the upper tier that I watched often enough to make it cost effective. I also got rid of a service by my telephone and internet service that I didn't use that much despite how good it sounded at the time.  Together, I will be saving around $50 a month.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I went through what my DH called the McGee drawer in the kitchen.  Talk about a collection of ties that come with garbage bags - good grief, lol.

Honored Contributor

Just a random comment on some of the Saturday westerns that run from noon through 6 pm on Saturdays on MEtv.

Ken Curtis (the guy who played Festus) on Gunsmoke was good looking.

I finally saw the B/W episode that introduces the viewer to Festus today.

Chuck Connors isn't as scary as I remembered as a child.  I was petrified on him on the Rifleman when I was a little kid.