Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Saturday (12/19)

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I don't get a Western channel on my line up, but if I did, I would love to see "The Virginian" again as well as "Wagon Train." I still remember Clint Eastwood in "Rawhide" along with its great theme song.

I was reading that "ten products a year" thread on the Beauty forum, as well as a related thread. I'm one of those who chooses shades of lipstick and eyeshadow that tends to go with everything. I would never fill up Lori's make up organizer.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Linda: caregiving is definitely a tough duty. Loving duty but sometimes were difficult

Oh Zuilly. Shipping can take weeks!!! I ordered an inexpensive item. Got an email it would arrive by Christmas. Not a deal breaker but am waiting!

Store was a zoo. Some shelves bare

Oh the Rifleman. He was scary with that long rifle

I enjoyed Gunsmoke. Ms Kitty was married to a local guy for a time. Some negative gossip about that union.

Respected Contributor

Of Rawhide. I had a huge crush on Rowdy!!! I think I was in 5th grade at the time!!!!
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

My Saturday line up is:

Big Valley

Gunsmoke

Bonanza

Rawhide

Wanted Dead or Alive - Steve McQueen was short!  But wiry.

Rifleman

I have another Western Channel that shows the Virginian and a slew of other old westerns.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You have a great line up. I wish our service would dump some of the multiple sports channels and add something like that. Right now, I'm streaming a series from Netflix.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

Jean, when you don't have cable, you get all of the old shows on over the air TV.  Honestly, I prefer the old stuff :-)

Respected Contributor

Bernie we are watching the same channel. I am at mom's watching tv with dad. Dogs laying at our feet. I've had a busy week. Yesterday made a run home and got mail and gifts wrapped. Had a lovely late lunch with Linda on the way home. I have missed time with my friends. I hope all are well and stay out of treacherous weather traffic and crowds.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's a bright, sunny day here - temps are supposed to be in the 50s, going to up to the 60s for the rest of the week, so I'm doing OK.  Last night it was only in the 40s but I was plenty comfortable in bed with my blanket, comforter, and Autumn. Cat Happy

I just spent half an hour on the phone with Amazon; boy, have they gone downhill the past few months!  First there were about three orders where the packages were in limbo - showing "out for delivery" for weeks (and STILL showing "out for delivery"); they had to be resent.  Well, I was thinking about my checking account balance, and that it shouldn't be as low as it is, and sure enough...I checked to see if I got a credit for that third (and last) defective Kindle as well as some other things that were returned, and no, I did NOT, even though they were showing as "refund issued." Cat Mad The young man I spoke to was very nice and issued the entire credit to my debit card, which is good - the Kindle was a graduation present bought with a gift card, so when I got the Galaxy tablet (which seems to be fine so far) the money came out of my debit card, instead of the gift card balance I assumed it had. 

Jean, I know the feeling...it's nice out, and I should at least take the dogs for a ride, but...

Last night I got a couple of Christmas gifts ready to mail. Since I buy things throughout the year as I see items I think people will like, I don't have to worry about spending a lot on Christmas shopping all at once.  My two cousins are getting a couple of new things I bought for them, but also some tops that I had gotten for myself but haven't used, and one is getting a Coach makeup bag as well.  Today I need to get the rest of the gifts wrapped and packages ready to go, although I can't finish with one of them until I make a rum cake to go in it - my one cousin adores my rum cake, and it's become a tradition to send her one.

Hey Bird, did you see the adorable video I posted for you last night?

Spix, the stores and the traffic have been insane here too; the parking lots are jam-packed. I don't have to go out again until after Christmas except for delivering baked goods and I might stop by my favorite Italian restaurant, as I haven't been there in months. It's sort of out of the way, so it won't be crowded if I go during off hours.

Jean, it's been years since I had TV service, and don't miss it at all. I had gotten Direct TV because they advertised a "deal," but it was a come-on and the price wasn't what they said it would be...and they kept making excuses. I refused to pay, they sent me a box to return the equipment in, and that was the end of that.  (Funny how often I see people the PO with the same box!)  Anyway, the only current shows I really care for are NCIS (all 3 of them), Criminal Minds, Hawaii Five-0, CSI Cyber, and Scorpion - one show per day. Cat Happy  If I wanted to watch something else, well, I have Amazon Prime for that; I don't see spending $100 a month or so for what's 99% garbage that's a waste of time...and the commercials are often disgusting.  I like some of the old shows, but it's surprising how many of them are on YouTube. If I came across some extra money I "might" consider getting a smart TV where I can put content from my computer on the TV screen, but frankly, I'd rather read a book. 

Funny, as a little girl I loved Westerns (I wanted to be either a cowboy or an astronaut) and Roy Rogers was my hero, but they don't appeal to me anymore.  For those who like them - enjoy!

I too remember when the TSVs really were a "special value," and QVC had unique products you couldn't find elsewhere.  Now a couple of dollars off is hardly an enticement, then add in the high S&H and it's not bargain.  I also remember when they often included extras in items they sold, such as attachements for tools or kitchen items, at no extra charge.  Sadly, it's really gone downhill.

LindaL - hang in there; I'm praying for you. 

Well, I guess I should think about lunch, then get to work on the packages and listing things for sale.  I don't feel like it, but...I need money!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

I saw the story about the bird then got sad when they said the quail died.  It also freaked me out that the egg in the store had a baby bird in it.  Geez, I'll be candling my eggs moving forward, lol.

I like to check my property tax records online because I don't trust anyone who is playing with my money.  My property tax says it's due, yet my mortgage company statement says they paid the property tax out of my escrow at the end of November.

In the spirit of the season I am giving my city another day to post that payment and then they are getting a call.

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--Love your "out of order" graphic. I hate the "go--go--go" frenzy so prevalent at this time of the year.  I would much rather retreat and venture out when the maddening crowds have disappaited.

Kathleen--Glad you could venture back to your country home, enjoy time there and also have lunch with Linda.

Bernie--There is nothing like tracking things online to keep an eagle eye on fianances and transactions.

I just went online and paid my Kohls charge for the items I purchased this month which were needed and kept my card  active in the process. I saw that it had been four months since  had bought anything from Kohls.