Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Saturday (12/19)

I'm reigning in impulse shopping because I paid my visa and amex monthly balance and want to enter the new year with no credit card debt.

Of course, on January 2nd I may snap, who knows.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Here is a "New Year, New Us" when it comes to shopping. Needs are a definite; but "wants" will be carefully evaluated.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Bird - Read to the end - there was a mistake in translation from the Japanese so they added a correction; the quail LIVED!   Cat Very Happy

I just made an interesting discovery. There's a series of cozy mysteries that I wanted to get for my birthday; of course I get most books used, unless they're a new paperback release in a series that I love. They're 1¢ on Amazon, plus $2.99 shipping for each. For some odd reason, one of the books in the series (and not the newest) is over $10, so I looked on Half.com. The book was 75¢ there and shipping is $3.49, BUT...if you get multiple books from the same seller the shipping is combined, so ultimately the end cost is considerably less.  In the future I'll have to check out both places before I order. 

I'm trying to work up some energy to do something...besides sit in bed with a good book...

Jean, I hate the manic frenzy of this time of year; all the rushing around and madness and stress, and for what?  That's why I'd rather do things for people I care about throughout the year. 

I still haven't made lunch...but I'll get there!  I hate to disturb Jellybean, who's sleeping across my arms, but I have to go to the bathroom very soon...  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Glad the quail lived.  I'm still going to candle my eggs for awhile (wink)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello again, ladies! Except for a couple short breaks I have been zipping around here getting everything all set for my company. Just took a hot bath to relax, and am ready and waiting for them to arrive, should be within the hour. My daughter called a little while ago and said she was going to stop and get some wine and asked if I wanted anything, I told her no, but now am thinking I might make myself a margarita...haven't had one for quite a while and I do like one or two on occassion, this IS an occassion, after all, lol. I do enjoy some of the hustle and bustle of the season, after I am all ready for it, and can just get out and enjoy. Have a great weekend.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Your excitement is shining through on your post. By all means, a margarita is in order You have prepared well and now you have the time to relax and enjoy your company.

I've been watching a documentary on the Donner Party on the Weather Channel which includes input from some of the descendents, diary comments, etc. It has been fascinating and goes far beyond the cannabalism for which it is noted.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.