Respected Contributor

I invested in a Shapeez bra.  The Ultimate style.  I love it.  It gives me a perfectly smooth line from shoulders to upper hips. 

AE18FC29-2EA8-4867-9DCD-9D91FFCB567F.jpeg956F4EB3-CB0D-474C-A679-A61971FB6B4A.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I like it @4kitties .  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

They are expensive, but I bought it to wear under my dress for one of my daughters' wedding.  I was skeptical, but it was worth every penny.  A perfectly smooth line under closer fitting knits.  I do not wear it daily, but just for certain tops.  

I also have a shorter one.  Love it too.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I don't want to be uncomfortable, so I don't wear shapewear. I don't care if there's a half-inch difference in how my abdomen looks, and I wear sleeves on my upper arms. To me "tummy control" pants & leggings are silly marketing.

I don't want anything pressing against my stomach or waist.

When I have a very special occasion where I wear a fitted dress, I have Jockey slip shorts I can wear.

I also have shapewear I wear occasionally that is like leggings because it has support for my back support when I need it and my legs if I plan on being on my feet doing physical work for an extended time. (like unpacking after moving)

But will I wear shapewear to squeeze me on any regular basis? No way.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  - The shapewear cami's that I wear are very comfortable and I can't even tell I'm wearing it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have similar camisoles to what @San Antonio Gal mentioned as my everyday camisoles. I wear them for modesty and the feeling of back support I get. I've had the Spanx camisoles for years ... way back when they were first offered on the Q. I have nude, black and white. I also have two Maidenform camisoles that I've had for at least 5-6 years. Those two brands are very comfortable to me and it's not about looking smaller, it's about support and being able to wear blouses w/o seeing my bra or anything else.

I also have the one @4kitties showed and that one is ALL about a smooth line. I recently wore it for an event where I had to wear a formal/fancy dress and my normal bra was just not going to work. I don't have a call to wear that shapeware very often, but I'm glad I have it to use when needed.

I do not have shapeware for legs or tush. When I need something for pants I wear pant liners. Usually for knit pants or pants that are a bit more sheer than I like.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  There are some very pretty shaping camisoles, too. I'm glad it works for you.

But not for me...unless I would pull a muscle while exercising or physically doing something around the house & need it. I used to have a couple shapewear camisoles 5-10 years ago, but tossed them.

I guess I'm at a point that I look in the mirror, and see I am who I am and am confident about it. If my family or friends don't love me or like me bc I'm not perfectly smooth, oh well. I don't think they expect me to be, & I don't expect them to be. I try to eat right & exercise regularly, but I don't do it for how I look in my clothess (but I do want them to fit LOL).

If I have a form-fitting dress I need to wear out, I'll wear Jockey slip shorts. If I have an open knit sweater on, I'll wear a non-shapewear cami under it for coverage.

The days of having anything press against my waist or stomach or anywhere are over for me. When I wore shapewear to work, it was such a relief to take it off when I got home. I think shapewear sometimes gave me indigestion too.

New Contributor

I have 2 Shapeez bras, love them, they are so comfortable, they smooth you out and do not ride up