Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JULY 18)

@KonaKat   Yes, I had my CC compromised once (charges to Home Depot where I never shop).  I still had the card, so don't know how they did it.  There were no major hassles with the CC company and I received the new card in no more than a week.  As you say, it was a pain changing the auto debits that were on it, including a couple "budget pays" with Shop LC.

@Bird mama   So, I did go outside at lunch today, and I swear it wasn't that hot.  There was a nice breeze and the humidity wasn't all that bad.  I had a good run, but I was drinking water all morning (I call it getting gassed up), so that really helped.  I really have a high heat tolerance, but don't even think about the cold......I don't thaw out at all between November and March!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Twinny we are under two alerts - one for air quality (probably ozone action day) and one for excessive heat Woman Sad

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I wear the compression hose only when we are traveling several hours away from home.  They are hot & difficult for me to get off by myself.

It's been a busy week. On Monday we had an oil change in the Capitol City & had lunch out.

My DH had his last diabetes class on Tuesday morning and then we went tubing with friends about 45minutes from here.  The weather was perfect.  Low 80's and shade.

Yesterday it was so hot that we did a bit of grocery shopping in the morning.  I can't get out in the afternoon heat.  My DH wanted to go to the rodeo last night, but It was too hot for him too.  

We got thunderstorms early this morning and 5" of ☔☔☔.  My 🍅🍅🍅plants are loving the heat wave and rain.  They are doing great & I will soon be able to pick them.  Anything else that we want will come from our downtown farmer's market.

I am having a lazy afternoon.  The AC feels so good.

My DH has an appointment tomorrow morning at the clinic/hospital where he was at for 3 days.  His neurosurgeon in Madison faxed her with what he did & she wants my DH to tell her what the other Dr. did?  I think that this appointment is unnecessary.  We are meeting friends for lunch and cards afterwards.

I am going to be getting my two expensive rx's at our new Hometown Pharmacy tomorrow afternoon.  He was our pharmacist at the Shopko that closed and we really liked him.  I will probably get a call from Citibank asking me if I authorized this transaction.  He has a better price than CVS Pharmacy does right now.  Three months from now who knows who will have the best price.  

The rain is over and now it's supposed to get very hot for today and tomorrow.

Relief will be hopefully coming our way by either Saturday or Sunday.  

Trusted Contributor

LAURA that had happened to my DH twice within a few weeks of one another had a call from c.c. Co asking if he was  out of the country in Belgium wanting to Charge an item and another here in NJ cc company calling to ask if he was trying to put a 

down payment for a car, .both times the card was sitting in his wallet here in Ct.  i don’t know how it’s done. 

Linda are those compression socks hot and tight feeling on your legs?  my dad had varicose veins surgery on his legs years and years ago.......I am sure they do things differently now.  I didn’t realize those socks were so expensive and happy your insurance takes care of so much of it.

The sun is trying to come out but all of a sudden has gotten dark again....but I think Yankee stadium looks fine for a game starting at t 3pm.