Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 25

Fingers crossed that Syd gets the part, Barbara.  I wondered how you would handle things if you needed to stay longer than expected. 

My shopping has been mostly selfish, i.e. for me, but I did send some $$ to DD to buy small gifts for the family.  I will be sending gift cards for the main event.  I'll probably just send checks to my SIL and DH's grands.

I also sent money to pay for youngest DGS driving school, and I know DD will be thrilled when he is able to drive himself.  

It rained some last night, and I was awake quite a bit.  My mind just won't quit sometimes.  I had a big issue with my Fitbit yesterday evening -- suddenly didn't show any "active minutes", but fortunately it was a problem for quite a few people and now it is fine.

DD said DGD did okay on the acid reflux medicine after a bad start the first time.  She is still in pain, but at least is able to tolerate the medicine.  Meanwhile, DD has lost more weight, and now is going to look for smaller bras.  It would be great if she got down to a more "normal" size.  The band width is "normal" (36", I think), but the cup size has been ridiculously big, and the bras have been very expensive.

It is great that you were able to talk to your grandsons, Claudia, and it sounds like they are smart cookies.  Not a surprise.  Hope things go okay there today, and R does okay at hunting camp.

I need to go to the Post Office to send off DH's death certificate to Social Security.  They sent me a notice about how much I will need to pay for Medicare next year, and it is very high due to our income last year.  I am filing an appeal due to his death and reduction in income.  Hopefully, they will reduce the amount.  If not, I'll need to make some budget adjustments.  

I also plan to go to Sprouts to pick up some produce.  Love having all these options for produce.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good thing you can rebook with no fee, Barbara. I hope Sydnie gets the part.

Linda, I'm glad your DGD can tolerate the reflux medicine. R has been on reflux medicine for a long time. Years ago he had a terrible time when these medications were not available and his choice was Alma-Seltzer, Tums, or Rolaids. With the meds life is much easier for him. Protonix and ranitidine currently.

He is off to camp. Griff has not eaten today. I mailed out bill payments and did some banking then picked up sheet metal for R's latest project. While he's gone I hope to empty the lower kitchen cabinets and clear the sunporch a bit more.

Now that she is healthy, Maggie Mae is proving to be very feisty. She moves so fast. She got out of the spare room twice, the stairs didn't faze her at all. Good thing the door to the dining room was shut. Once I caught up with her all 4 legs were going in different directions trying to get down. In a few days I will let her mix with the others.

I'm glad you decided to appeal the Medicare  cost for the next year, Linda.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope things are going okay there, Barbara.  Glad you can change plane reservations without extra charges.

Hope R does okay, and you accomplish the things you want to while he is at hunting camp, Claudia.  That is funny about  Maggie Mae.  Your furbabies certainly keep you on your toes.

I feel chilly in the house today, and it was enough for me to change out the blanket on the bed for tonight.  I don't think it is supposed to warm up much this week.  Still much warmer than other places, but.....

Yesterday I decided to try and change a couple of accounts to my name.  One (electric company) went fine, but the cable company was a big fail.  They wanted to change out my "box" since they don't support our "ancient" equipment. Made no sense to me just for a name change.  Actually, my name is also on the account, but DH was primary.

The last time I had a representative here, it cost $75 for very little, and they did not tell me there would be a charge.  I am suspicious that this would end up costing me something plus I would be off-line for a while, plus have to wait for the technician, etc.  The TV isn't too important, but the cable controls the landline plus the internet, and I cannot handle being without them.  I may try this again sometime, but for now, the account will continue to be in DH's name.

I have to admit to being a bit shocked at how much extra I am expected to pay for Medicare, so I do hope they accept my appeal.  I don't mind paying extra and have been doing so for several years, but this was a large increase.  Fingers crossed this works.

Doing my regular Saturday chores, and looking forward to the OLLI party this afternoon.  Sometimes they are a bit dull, but hopefully this one will be fun.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are back. Poor syd had a stage mother trying to tell her daughter with whom syd was paired how to dance. So she did not get a call back..

she is pretty upset and I should have intervened. But her agent called the casting director to complain and it may not be over. I should have done what I wanted to do..

but I learned a lot. Syds acting coach is going to give her some tips.

i am glad yo be home...I am flaring and really need to rest. We go back to la for fittings for her big model thing on weds.

v and I had to unexpectedly get a new hot water heater...yikes..Merry Christmas.😖😖

Respected Contributor

Hit post too quickly.

have a good evening 🌺🌺

Respected Contributor

Yikes about the water heater, Barbara. Put a bow on it and a tag that says Merry Christmas, I guess. What a shame that mother couldn't keep quiet. I bet you are tired. Try to take it easy. R posted a photo on fb of a swollen arm or leg. Couldn't tell which. Saying he woke to that. I wish he didn't feel the need to post every little thing. Possibly a spider bite. He told me that at the camp the blankets are never cleaned. He spreads his poncho liner over top. Enjoy the party, Linda. It is a pain changing over accounts. As I recall mother never did. I got a few things accomplished today including carrying a small chest upstairs from the dining room. Maggie Mae helped me out clothes away. Lots of fun - for her.
Respected Contributor

I had paragraphs but somehow they disappeared. Griff is back to not eating.

Honored Contributor

@chprsp  I'm late reading this thread and wanted to extend my deepest sympathy to you over the loss of TT.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Thanks, birdmama.