Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 25

My day was fine until m called at saying syd was due in la at 530 tomorrow for an audition ..so I have been scrambling...packing plane, hotel.  Yikes

more tomorrow. Sleep tight 😜

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness, Barbara. What a mad scramble.

Respected Contributor

I hope all went well on your mad scramble, Barbara.

Linda, I hope you enjoyed your trip and weather cooperated.

We had a call from Adam around suppertime. All is well with him except, like us, he's grieving the loss of TT.

We didn't get a lot of snow but it is icy and now windy. Several accidents occurred in the same rural road within minutes of each other. I did a few errands in town and had no problem. Shoveling wasn't too bad and I sprinkled some pet safe ice melt on the walks.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you didn't have too much trouble with the ice, Claudia.  I worry about you and ice.  I thought about Adam when TT died.  I remember how much he loved TT, and I was sure he would have a difficult time with his passing.

Hope things went okay with your quick trip to LA, Barbara, and also that Syd's audition goes/went well.

My trip was very nice.  I really enjoyed the Botanical Garden, and I had a nice lunch with a couple who live in MN half of the time.  The Basha Museum (Indian and Western Art) was also good.  I would take more of the trips they offer if they were less expensive since on multi-day trips, they pick you up at home (and take you back), which is so easy compared to driving to the airport, flying, etc.  But, the prices are quite a bit more than the Road Scholar trips, and they don't go to as many places.

I'm pretty tired just from sitting in the bus for a while, which is pretty silly.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We made it to la and syd got to her audition in plenty of time. The plane was delayed by an hour but I always leave extra time in case that happens. She though her audition went well.It required a short dance and the casting director was happy with her dance . But we shall see...

we we are in a Martiott by the airport and have a couch in the room ..I used Uber to get us back and forth and it worked very well. And very reasonable and easy. 

Linda..glad you enjoyed your trip..I have been to the botanical gardens many times and Basha museum. 

claudia..yikes on the ice...I am sure Adam was sad about tts death.

there is a big rainstorm here tomorrow. Sydnie has a Skype lesson with her acting coach. We are hanging here..I need to knit those gifts.

Sleep tight.😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you were able to get Syd to the audition in plenty of time, Barbara.  I figured you had been to those locations -- very nice.  The docents were great.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..syd and I are having a quiet day..she is doing schoolwork..I am going to take her to the workout room to burn off some energy..she has a 2 hour skype lesson with her acting coach at noon.

it is raining here..I am glad we are not going anywhere because there are lots of accidents.

i was happy to have permission to post something about.  She has more possibilities but I cannot say anything .

hope everyone is having a decent day.😘😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Syd certainly looks beautiful and much older than she is in that advertisement, Barbara.  Glad you were able to stay in today since driving sounds dangerous.  We may have rain tonight, and it is supposed to get much cooler starting tomorrow.  Guess it makes sense since it is almost December, but......

Received my Linea pants, and they are perfect.  Glad I tried the petites, Claudia.  I particularly like the fabric.  Other ponte knit pants seem to be a bit heavy and "pill" easily, but these look and feel great.

DD called early to tell me about all that is going on there.  Oldest DGS is working a lot, as expected.  She saw him early this morning as she was leaving for the gym, and he was going to work (a little after 5:00 a.m., I think).  DGD went to the allergist on Tuesday and the gynecologist yesterday.  She is getting some new medicine, and I hope it works well for her.  Meanwhile, youngest DGS starts his driver training class next Monday -- in the evening.  DD was planning on Army DGS to pick him up after class (it goes until 9:30 p.m.), but she will probably have to do it for the first week because he is away in Kentucky.  She said she has been doing nothing but driving most of the week, and had not done laundry until today.  That was a shocker to me since she does several loads of laundry every day.

I got my new glasses today --- earlier than expected.  So far, I like them.

Hope things are okay there, Claudia.  Glad Griff is eating again now that his "Daddy" is home.  

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Great news about Syd, Barbara. She is beautiful and as Linda said looks older than she is. It sounds like a good day to stay in.

Adam called again late afternoon and I was able to talk to both Bryan and Dylan. Dylan sounds so grownup. He was nominated for some scholastic award in the science and medical field and may go to Boston next spring. He picked Adam as the adult to go with him if he goes. At this point he wants to be a veterinarian.

Linda,  I'm glad the pants are a perfect fit. I really like the super ponte. Your DD sounds extra busy. Fingers crossed your DGD's new medicine works well.

We did several errands today and when we got home there were 3 packages on the porch. R said " oh you got more packages". I sweetly answered " those are your VA prescription refills". Tomorrow he heads back to camp.

Our final errand was picking up the farm milk and dog food. I had been feeding grain free because of TT's allergies. I am going to switch Griff to regular large breed. Since I had an unopened bag of grain free I picked up a bag of the regular. I plan to feed half and half. Once that is gone I will just feed regular large breed. Only thing is 60 pounds will last a back of a long time. Griff does not eat a lot. TT was a big eater.

Respected Contributor

Good morning.. it is cool here but sunny. Sydnie did get a call back so we go that this afternoon. If she gets it, we will be out here until next Saturday..I did not pick enough clothes or meds so v will have to overnight a box to us. There are laundry facilities here. 

Because of my elite status , I cannrebook at no charge from Delta.

Her agent tho is she will get the part..it is a big national thong so the pay could be good.

i will keep you posted.

Linda..your dd is surebusy drivingpeople around..yikes. I was very glad when my kids got their licenses at 16 and could drive themselves.your shopping has been bountiful...I just ordered a few small things for the little kids...everyone else gets gift cards.

Claudia..how that you could talks to your dgs. Congrats on their accomplishments..

have a a great day. Fingers crossed for Sydnie.💜💜