Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 25

One month to Christmas...yikes...

this is has been a long day..I woke up late for church..but I did make it. I just returned from a 2 plus hour choir practice for Christmas., so I am a little tired..

it it sounds like there is a big snowstorm in the Midwest...not good for travel. 

Hope you are having a good day.😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 25

Looks like we were posting at the same time, Barbara.   Sorry it has been such a long day, but glad you made it to church.  That snowstorm sounds really bad to me.  Certainly good that I don't have to travel.

------------

Here is most of what I had posted.

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is nice an sunny here, but a bit cooler than I would like, at least in the house.  Certainly can't complain.

Church was good, and I did okay at the gym.  A man I have seen many, many times, but never spoken to said that I had done a good workout on the treadmill.  I had not used it in ages since I usually go on the elliptical (which was in use), but I did go pretty hard/fast for me.  It is good to get some compliments, because I am pretty self critical.  

Anyway, I have a little ironing to do, and I'm doing a little cleaning/sorting and cooking.  Nothing exciting.

Hope all is well there, Claudia.  Glad your kitten is back home, and I hope R did okay at hunting camp.   I assume he will be coming home today?  Perhaps it is longer.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sadly we lost our beloved TT tonight. He has been moving slower and having a difficult time at 9 years old (which is old for a giant breed). I let the dogs out at 1 pm. Griff came in but TT stayed out. Griff and I heard him back a short time later. I investigated and found he couldn't walk. He wanted up the steps but couldn't do it even with help. As far as walking all He could do was "bunny hop". I called R to come back from hunting camp but we still couldnt. I brought the car out back and since it is low we were able to get him in the back seat. He always enjoyed car rides. Off we went to the emergency vet 60 miles away. Nothing was broken or sprained and it seemed to be severe arthritis and a back issue that would keep worsening. Even though sedated for the tests he still was as in pain. We made the difficult decision to let him go.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry, Claudia.  I know you were concerned about TT, and he had lived longer than others of his breed, but this has to be so hard on you and R.  Sending my sincere condolences.

Linda

Respected Contributor

Claudia..my sympathy on the loss of Tt..he was a special dog 🐶 for you both. I forgot how much shorter are the lives of giant breeds. (((Hugs)))

i have spent most most of the day doing school withbSydnie...went to the post office to check on her missing box and they are trying to track it. Thank goodness I would only have to replace one textbook. 

Ialsotook her tote library..she was happy with that. 

I ordered red a couple of small items for the 3 youngest kids on Amazon.  Otherwise no cyber shopping for me.

Linda..hope you are having a good day..it is beautiful here. I have book club in a bit.

Claudia..poor Gryff is going to miss his buddy. 🥺

Respected Contributor

Griff doesn't know what to do. He hasn't eaten today and just lays in his crate or on the sofa. We had hoped to get TT through the winter at least but it didn't happen Morning he was pretty good then all of a sudden not. I'm glad we had enough for the emergency vet.

bad weather is expected. Possibly 16" of snow near the clubhouse and hunting camp.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!   Poor Griff.  I remember how my dog(s) acted after their buddies died, and I know it is very hard on them.  Very sad for both humans and animals.  I imagine the emergency vet was quite expensive. Claudia.  Our first family dog (as an adult) died on the way to the emergency vet on a Sunday  -- I was holding her, and thought that was the case.  Anyway, it wasn't all that inexpensive even when they did nothing but confirm her death and arrange for the cremation.  Good that you were able to get TT in the car and afford the vet expense.  Hope you don't get that much snow -- yikes!  

Glad you were able to work with Syd on school, and take her to the library, Barbara.  Hope they find that box (and her textbook.)

I had strong bones this morning, and then grief group this afternoon.  Last time, there were only three of us, and this time there were eight.  One of my buddies from the caregivers group attended, and I think she will come again next time.  There will not be a meeting on Christmas Eve day, so December 10th will be the last meeting for the year.

So far, no cyber shopping for me, but I have been buying things right and left.  Today, my heating pad came.  Not a gift or anyting, but something that I have been using quite a bit lately.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

When R called this evening I suggested he get a ride on The at to where the car is parked and move it cost to his buddy's house. Whether he'll do it who knows. 

Yes the emergency vet was expensive. About 900 but we had no choice.

The wheeled stretcher was no good as TT wouldn't lay down. Even though it said up to 200 pounds in not sure the straps would have fastened around him and the cover didn't open all the way to the end. At least I could get the car close to him so when he tried to get in the car we could boost him.

I hope you don't need to replace the text book, Barbara.

The only cyber shipping was a pair of boots, Linda. It seems I need a wide. I put on my regular boots and it was just too painful. Today Hotter ( they are what Clark's used to be) had a 40% off sale.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope you like the new boots, Claudia.  Also hope R doesn't have a problem with the snow.  DD said the weather in MD was okay (no snow).  Is Griff eating now?  I'm sure he is sad, but I hope he does eat something.  Also hope you are doing okay.

Guess you have been busy, Barbara.  Hope you are feeling okay, and things are going well with Syd.

I had the senior lunch program today (went well), and then went to the gym.  Tomorrow I have my day trip to the Phoenix Botanical Gardens, etc., and it will be a very full day.  

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Enjoy tomorrow's trip, Linda. 

When R came home this afternoon Griff was delirious with joy. When he realized R was in the driveway he ran up the back steps into the house and out His paws on his shoulders and hugged him. He then ran around the room jumping for joy then ran back for a hug. He ate for the first time in 2 days.

There is very little snow here. R just came in from bowling and said the roads are icy.

I got a few things done this morning but ran out of energy.

I read 2 hunters were heading back to their camp after an unsuccessful day of hunting and found water from a nearby creek had flooded the driveway. Foolishly they drove through and the SUV went into the creek. The driver got out a window and !are it to the bank. The other man ended upon the roof of the SUV and water rescue was called. Eventually he was pulled to the bank  The sub will have to stay I. The creek until the water goes down.

I hope you are feeling better, Barbara.