Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of May 17

Good afternoon..I had a pleasant morning. One of my friends who is a professional photographer, came to take pics of Pepper. She also has ra so we talked about how to make things safe. My living room is large so there was no problem with distancing..I gave her hand sanitizer to use.we had a good visit and she took some cute pics off pepper.

ms plumber friend, who is a licensed home inspector, Camden out yesterday to turn on the sprinkling system and checked out the ghousr. He said there were 3 problems that he said were easily fixed with a bit of $$.i hope he is right.

Linda..you are smart to be cautious about going out . People are just stupid.it is nice that you enjoy word finds..me not do much.i am enjoying the cooler temps. Next week looks very hot.

Claudia..hope I fr goes to his rendezvous, he is careful.,pepper had an upset tummy this morning..think it is because we opened a new bag of food and had none of the old to mix.

enjoy your day.😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad R's scope didn't take too long, Claudia.  I hope he is careful if he goes on the rendezvous.  You have your hands full with your own furbabies, plus ferals, and neighbor's pets.  I think they know you are a "soft touch".

Nice that the photographer took pictures of Pepper, Barbara.  My SIL who is a serious, if not professional, photographer has done a couple of "photoshoots" with the puppy.

Hope M's friend is correct about what needs to be done to the house.  Will the buyers be having an inspection done?  That is the way it has gone when I have been involved in house buying/selling.  Hope M finds a suitable place to move.

One of the bookclub members e-mailed me to say that her partner had been pretty sick most of the time we have been dealing with the virus.  It started with a urinary tract infection, and they are still not sure what he has, but he has had three courses of prednisone, and she had been reluctant to go out in case she might infect him.  She didn't do any grocery shopping for six weeks -- pretty amazing.  Of course, when she finally went shopping, she went to three stores and didn't find all that she wanted.

Much to my surprise, the new dentist office called to say that they had a cancellation, and asked if I would like to come in tomorrow rather than wait two weeks when my appointment was scheduled.  I went back and forth, but decided to go ahead.  They take all sorts of precautions, and I'm worried about not going to the dentist every six months which is my habit.  

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  I am enjoying the DVD I got from the library (Vera season #9).  It is nice having cooler weather, but like you, we are expecting hot weather again next week.  

Hope both of you, your husbands and furbabies have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Another day. What can I say? The days seem to run into each other. Today was cooler than the previous 2 days.

The VA called to cancel R's podiatry appointment for next week. Instead there will be a telephone call.

I'm not pleased with R's decision to attend the rendezvous but...

His buddy's wife, daughter and granddaughter took a road trip last week(shaking my head) to Atlantic City. Not surprised to hear they had difficulty finding places to stay and eat. I hope R keeps his distance.

Barbara, I hope the sprinkler system is an inexpensive fix.

6 weeks of no grocery shopping - I'm surprised the book club member didn't have groceries delivered, Linda. Glad you got your dvd.

Jinx is still hanging out at our house much to the feral's displeasure. When I went out to get a few things R needed I found 2 large pots to put the pawpaw saplings in that R got on Arbor Day. I'm not good with plants so it's amazing that there's a few buds on the stalks.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is hot but still tolerable. Next week will be pushing my limits.lol

we do not know the results of the inspection but there are a few problems. Linda..that is requested and paid for by the buyers. The living room windows could not open because they were painted shut...those are windows we never opened. Our agents husband works for a window company so he will take care of it. If the radon test is positive, we will have to have it mitigated.m was upset because she thinks the buyers are going to back out. According to our agent m misheard..she is a negative Nellie always.

Psepper is fine today..she really likes rice and chicken. Lol...that will end tomorrow.

Sydnie is starting drivers ed...if al goes well, she should have her permit in a month or so.

V has some heart issues,,he may need a pacemaker because his pulse is vplow..this is not a surprise because we were told after his heart attack 20:years ago, there would be problems down the road.at least he keeps on top of it.

Linda..I forgot to mention that I was sorry to hear about dds puppy getting caught in his crate. I have started watching ozark..very good. 

my hair looks so much better..my stylist had had rotator cuff surgery so was not working.i hate to say it , but I will be seeing the one who cut my hair yesterday, because she did exactly what I have been trying tonachieve for a while. Things were very sanitary and I was the only one there.

Laudia..I am pacing meat cheese and cracker to eat on our way home.we will do take out for supper..probably something unhealthy...lol

hope your day is going well. 😎😎

Respected Contributor

Barbara, when mother's house was sold they found radon. It ended up that the cost of mitigation was taken off of the purchase price.

I'm glad you're pleased with your hair cut. I have no idea when the salons will be allowed to open here. Once they do appointments will be hard to come by.

R is already packed up and ready for tomorrow. He thought maybe I could take him down after his acupuncture appointment but there isn't enough time between that and Tigger's bladder recheck. He'll just have to wait. I just heard there is a third case of the virus in our county.

Its 80+ degrees here. I picked up a couple hanging plants this morning.

Hope your dental appointment went well, Linda and you got your groceries.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a better gardener in Maryland than I am in Arizona, Claudia.  It is difficult for me to determine when to water, etc.  And, the soil is horrible.  Hope R's podiatrist appointment goes well despite not being in person.  Also hope things go okay this weekend.  I have to say I am really looking forward to my hair cut next weekend. Pretty warm there today -- of course, it is warmer here, but......  Enjoy your hanging plants.

Hopefully, the windows and radon mitigation (if needed) won't be too difficult, Barbara.  I'm sure Syd will be getting her license before my DGD who is 20 and has already graduated from college.  I do hope my DGD gets her license this year at least.  But, I don't think she has even signed up for lessons yet.  In Maryland, you must have drivers ed to get a license.  

Interesting about the new hairdresser.  I am hoping I like my new one since the other shop is a "Super Cuts" with no fixed appointments and lots of crowds.  Originally, it was much less expensive, but prices keep going up.  I really like my stylist, but I am not that satisfied with my haircuts lately. Also don't trust their cleanliness.

Glad V is keeping on top of his heart problems.  I was very surprised to learn that one of the ladies who goes to my gym sometimes had a pacemaker.  She told me that she could not dial up the elliptical too high due to doctors orders.

Ozark is quite a show.  

My grocery shopping went pretty well -- I finally found some peroxide which I use a lot for cleaning.  But, no wipes or disinfectant spray.  Not a huge amount of meat, very little pasta and rice, etc., etc., but I got some things I wanted.  

I like the new dentist.  First time I have been to a female dentist, and she is tiny, and very nice.  They took a bunch of x-rays (I got the "new patient" special price), and did the periodontal maintenance cleaning.  All three women involved were extremely nice, and it was not painful.  She said no cavities and they said my dental hygiene was excellent.  I love hearing that.  Of course, they want me to come back in four months, but I insisted on six.  I could change my mind, but don't like spending the extra money.

One of my bookclub members winter home is in MIdland, Michigan.  I e-mailed her, and she said that she and her husband were visiting their daughter in Houston, but her home in Michigan has not flooded.  And, people evacuated so no injuries or deaths.  Quite a mess, and she said that she and her husband will be helping their neighbors when they go back on Saturday.  She is a super nice lady, and retired last year as a hospice nurse.  

My SIL e-mailed me that my middle nephew had testicular cancer, and had an operation last week.  He has a very good attitude and the doctor said that there is a 95% recovery rate.  I think he is in his early 40's.  His wife also has a good attitude.

One more piece of news.  I will be able to do some hospice volunteering starting next Thursday.  Just helping mail letters, etc., for the hospice chaplain.  I will meet him Thursday morning and pick up the materials plus stamps and take them to the Post Office.  Not a big deal, but certainly better than nothing.

When DH and I drove to and from Maryland, we usually tried to find a decent restaurant for dinner.  But, often that was not easy.  I found that some of the fast food salads weren't too bad, Barbara.  Good idea to bring things with you for other meals.

Hope both of you, your husbands and furbabies sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am rather unmotivated ..think because I hurt a bit.  M is looking at a house..it appears quite nice in the pics posted.

intalked to our agent ..we will just have to fix what needs to be fixed to pass inspection. We believe in making things right .

Linda..I do container gardening..it is easier..I just water a lot. I plant flowers, not succulents sydnie is taking drivers Ed now. M went with a private company because it was only 49 more than the school system. A couple of her friends have used the private company and thought it was better. 

my nephew had testicular cancer in his early 20s he underwent a tough chemo regimen but has been fine ever since. He stored his s.....and has 2 beautiful children

our pool is finally opening but you have to sign up for the same time..Not me.

Claudia..if r goes to the rendezvous,,,hope he stsus safe.you have lots f fur babies to keep you company.

have a good evening 🌆 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry you are hurting a bit, Barbara.  I was just reading that four of our pools and two of the fitness centers will be opened next week.  You need to sign up, etc., but I am not ready to go back to either at this point.  

That was fast with Syd and drivers ed.  I hope you like the house when you have a chance to see it.  I have several plants in containers, but they often only make it for a few months or one season.  My nephew and his wife do not want to have children, so that isn't an issue.  I hope he doesn't need strong chemo like your nephew. 

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today, Claudia.

I called my elderly neighbor today, and we had a good chat.  She likes sharing her views plus she likes having people check on her. 

My paper masks arrived today -- pretty fast service, and I think they will be fine.  I contacted my work buddy, and her Mom has been moved to a skilled nursing facility.  They don't know for how long, but Medicare will pay for up to 100 days.  They told the unscrupulous couple that they can have no contact with her Mom, and they should call my friend or her husband.

This afternoon, I attended an OLLI Zoom seminar which was interesting. It was opened up to people from other parts of the U.S., and there were a little more than 1000 people on the Zoom call.  They did it differently in that only the main speakers were on screen, and everyone else had a muted mike unless they had a question and were "unmuted".  I didn't realize that I wasn't going to be visible, so I had dressed up a bit and put on make-up.  Oh well.....

DD told me a very simple way to cook chicken -- just put it in the crockpot on low, and after several hours shred it and use it as you like.  I just added a little marinade this time, but she doesn't put in anything.  The last time I did this, I used the chicken in enchiladas, but I may make a "pulled chicken" platter for tonight, and figure out what to do with the rest tomorrow.  I purchased one chicken breast at the grocery store yesterday -- very reasonable price.

I was wondering if you and/or R drink milk, Claudia.  Strange question, but I was thinking that I buy milk often, but haven't had a glass of milk to drink for ages.  I use it with tea, cereal, baking, etc.  We really didn't drink milk at home, so I never got into the habit except a carton of milk at school.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DD told me she is almost down to her "goal weight" -- just one pound over.  She only weighs herself once a week, so I'm hoping next week she will make it.  She is very happy.

Respected Contributor

R is the milk drinker. Not me. A milk shake or ice cream is fine but never a glass of milk. Mother decided to economize and would use instant milk. Unfortunately at times she'd forget to mix it up the night before and we'd have lukewarm instant milk at breakfast. YUCK. Griffyn and now Tip like a small amount of milk in the morning.

R had his acupuncture this morning and I got a frantic call once he arrived at the clinic. He couldn't find his wallet. I looked outside, moved his chair and my chair, checked all the downstairs rooms. No wallet. Then he called. He found it in his right-hand back pocket.

Tigger got a clean bill of health at the vet today. Just what I was hoping for. She may be only 9 pound and elderly but getting  the  liquid medicine in her was not easy.R

R is down at his rendezvous in the rain and boy did it rain when I dropped him off with his gear. I thought of picking up takeout on the way home but nothing appealed to me. So I settled for a couple waffles. I'm staying up now just to let the dogs out about 9. Hoping for a good night's sleep. The 29th our county moved from yellow to green as far as reopening. I hear the county fair and the 4th of July parade and fireworks have been cancelled. Not surprising.

Best wishes to your nephew, Linda. It sounds like he has a positive outlook.  Now you know if you hadn't dressed up for the ZOOM call you would have found yourself visible. Lol.

Sorry you are hurting today, Barbara.  Fingers crossed you like the house when you see it.

Tippy wants to go out but I'm trying trying to hold off as it's only 8:20. I don't want to have to let the dogs out at 4 AM.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..thought I would post before I take Pepper out to potty. We always go for a golf cart ride, which she trail you enjoys. 

I am resting today...plan on systying prednisone on Tuesday, so I hope that improves things for a bit.

m did not place an offer on the house she saw yeast er day.,her agent said it was overpriced and a lot of  the flooring needed to be replaced. She is going to see the house our agent thinks would be "perfect" for her and sydnie next week.

No news on our inspection yet...I hope the radon tests comes back negative. 

Linda..I have made chicken that way in the crockpot..I usually add a bit of chicken broth for moisture. It is an easy way to have chicken for other dishes.there was an article about a home in hyiur town called the Villas, re Covid cases. I was wondering if that was where your Dh was.?.

Claudia, if R is at the rendezvous, hope you are having a peaceful weekend.

the pool fiasco continues here..a couple of people have posted that they are selling.

today is ok, but the heat is on the way.

stay safe.🐸🐸