Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of May 17

Good Sunday...it is another warm day..100..our ac keeps us pretty comfortable. My big outing for the day was getting a coffee at Starbucks. Whopppee.

i have no desire to go anywhere unnecessary. 

I have nothing to report...need to start thinking about what is going to minnesota. I have summer clothes there so I am thinking of only taking travel clothes.

i have pork chops for dinner..haven't thought much about anything beyond thst.lol

enjoy.🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of May 17

Good Afternoon!  After reading your post, I almost went for coffee myself, Barbara.  But, I decided that i would save that excitement for another day.  LOL  I did go to the re-opened Starbucks drive through last Thursday, and I certainly enjoyed the treat.  

It isn't as hot here, but hot.  For some reason, I'm lacking in motivation today.  Spent some time on my word search.  Also took my early morning walk.  But, church was a bust as far as I was concerned.  Some sort of conglomerate service from churches all over, and I just couldn't get into it.

Regarding the people in your area and the pool, there are somewhat similar things going on here.  While we own the land, most of the houses come with the obligation to be part of our recreation association.  There is a initial fee plus annual "dues".    This is the association with the 13 pools and six recreation centers (gyms), etc. 

They closed up everything for more than a month, and people were not happy to say the least.  Some decided that they should get a refund for part of their annual dues, which is not going to happen.  Now they have opened some of the tennis and pickleball courts, and next week they plan to open two pools.  They are also talking about opening the "gyms", but I am not sure when that will happen.  

I really miss the gym, and going to the pool in this weather would be nice.  But, I am not pushing anything.  

Glad R got his test done, and didn't seem to mind it, Claudia.  Hope that he is careful getting back into his muzzleloader

gatherings. Also hope you and your furbabies are doing okay, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Looking for some old photos, I found information from the DAR about my grandfather's (Mom's Dad) family and found that one of my ancestors served in the Chester County, PA militia.  

Respected Contributor

This afternoon it cooled down and rained. I was fortunate to get the garbage out front while it was still sprinkling. The next door cat, Jinx ran onto our sunporch but I informed him that if he felt his house was busy with the visiting puppy ours was more so. Out he went.

The back yard needs to be mowed again but I need a couple dry days. I managed to get 2 loads of wash done besides the regular chores. Supper was a ground beef casserole.

Right now R is saying he won't go to the rendezvous unless our reopening level moves to green. He may change his mind though.

It's probably best to wait and see before heading back to the pool and gym, Linda.

the 1st of June is coming up fast, Barbara. It would be much easier if you only had to pack travel clothes.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..

we had very good news yesterday. Our home sold very close to the asking price. The buyers did a lowball offer and we counteroffered, which they accepted. They will close July 15..no contingency involved. So our real estate agent is lining up homes for m to view. I have movers lined up for Jukyb13.

we will need to do more sorting  and tossing. We will pack the remaining stuff ourselves because there is not that much left.

So we are very relieved..one home will be easier than 2.

my joints are burning today..I really need prednisone but have to wait for 10;days to start.

It is pretty war here again, but we should have a couple of cooler days in the middle of the week.

we have had several calls from people we know checking on us..our community manager, friends, our church pastor, choir director etc. we are in a very caring place. Of course I talk to m and syd at least once a day and Amie and Vyrn often.

linda, my dear friend from hs Dh is in end stage Alzheimer's. He is at home on hospice but she has to call,the FD almost every day because, although he cannot sit or stand and is nteating, he still manages to wiggle out of the bed.infeel,so badly for her.

Claudia..hope r for egos his shoot this weekend.

i think everyone thinks the virus danger is over..few masks anywhere.

Pepper pooped in the house this s.m.  I was ready to kill her..but I think we waited too long.

have a good day. 😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R doesn't take any chances with the rendezvous, Claudia.  Also hope your weather is okay, and so are you, R, and your furbabies.

Wonderful news about the house sale, Barbara!  Hope the move isn't too difficult, and you find another place without too much hassle.  I assume this will be a smaller place and in the same general area?  Will this also be M and Syd's house?

Sorry about the joint pain and Pepper pooping in the house.  Glad people are checking on you.  I have had calls from people in my old and new church, etc.  As you probably read on the other thread, my senior lunch program is dealing with her mother falling, and resisting moving to assisted living, etc.  Another problem is a couple who have been helpful to her, but seem to be trying to take advantage of her.  Long story, but in a conference call at the hospital, the lady said she was my friend's daughter and a registered nurse.  She is neither.  The couple are claiming she has promised to leave them her car, etc.  Very sad story about your friend whose husband has Alzheimer's Disease.

My across the street neighbor came over to ask me to take in a couple of packages they are expecting later today -- just into a place ouside their house.  His sister's husband of 40 plus years suddenly passed away.  They will be driving to MO to offer their support, and he expects they will be the only ones there.

Really dull here, but that is okay.  I have seen lots of pictures of people without masks and not observing social distancing.  But, I have not been to the stores since last Thursday.  Most of my fellow walkers keep their distance.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I am thinking about the disposable masks after your comment yesterday, Barbara.  The cloth ones are very hot and uncomfortable in my opinion.  But, the ones I have seen are backordered for quite a while.  

Respected Contributor

Linda..m will own the house..we will,stay there when we are in Mn, but are not signing anything.,it is up to her to pick what she likes, even though she will involve me..lol

i ordered masks from qvc...and found some on Amazon that were made in us. If you search medical masks made in us options will appear.

i dis like it when people are taken advantage of..(that is a grammatically incorrect sentence.

Respected Contributor

I had a rather busy day here after I took the car in to be inspected. I stopped afterwards at the small grocery across the street and found yeast. Yay! I then went to bank to revisit a small check. What a line at the drive through.

I mowed most of the back yard under Tippy's supervision. The batteries are recharged for the mower but I'm too tired to go back out and finish. Jinx is still hanging around. He's apparently decided life with puppy is  not what he likes.

R's scope tomorrow has been moved up an hour. Of course I can't go in. I will go to Wegmans and pick up a few things after I drop R off. Then I'll go back and wait in the parking lot. Hope it won't be terribly hot. It was 84° today.I

Congratulations on the house selling, Barbara. I hope M soon finds something that suits her.

Sorry to hear of your lunch buddy's mother, Linda. It's difficult when you're at a distance and have no one to house sit your pets when something like this occurs.

I hope her husband an straightened things out.

My grandmother's cousin who was always referred to as "Aunt" had a very helpful neighbor. When she died the estate was split between my mother, my aunt, and the neighbor.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..my big trip out was going to the drive through at the bank..lots of people in line at the drive through..wonder why?..that will be my excitement for the day.

m is getting the house ready for inspection.9pur real estate agent told her to mow the lawn..we have dropped our lawn service and she doesn't have a mower. But our lovely neighbor offered theirs so Dh got it done. We will obviously get a mower when we get home.

Fingers crossed about the inspection...I hope there are no major issues.

it should be a bit cooler today. The big winds that are coming might help.i am not opening the house.

Linda..that was nice of you to check for his packages. Some folks are still up in arms about the pool. Now they want to get the media involved. Really....what book are you reading?

Claudia..Hope rs scope goes well.

enjoy your day...😇😇

Esteemed Contributor

I am reading "The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek", Barbara.  Very interesting story so far.  I heard from someone else that bank drive throughs are busy.  I used to use one all the time, but now walk up instead.  There usually isn't more than one other person when I go there, often no one else.  Not surprised about people going to local media about the pools.  That is true here as well.  

Glad your neighbor helped with the mowing, and I hope the inspection doesn't find many issues. Sometimes those lists can be long and not that easy to complete in time.  

Hope R's scope goes okay, and you get what you want at the store(s), Claudia.  DD and DGD were shocked that their puppy got his neck caught in the metal crate.  So, they raced right out and bought a plastic crate and other things for him.  Fortunately, they caught it right away, and he was not injured.  Furbabies certainly need lots of attention, and you have so many -- including visitors.

The ladies from my church who are professional musicians have lunchtime concerts Tuesday and Thursday, and I made a request for a song today.  I also gave them a "tip" -- first time doing that sort of thing, but I think it is good to support local artists, and they are very nice and talented.

My work buddies husband is coming home tonight.  He wasn't able to accomplish all that he wanted to, and I don't know what will happen with her Mom.  Sad situation to say the least.  

It is a bit cooler and windy here as well, Barbara.  I think there is too much dust, etc., flying to open the windows.

I called the library and gave them my card number, etc., so they said I could come today to pick up the DVD I had on hold.  I need to go into the library, and I may need to wait outdoors for a turn, but I don't need to go through the check-out or anything.  It will be interesting.

Hope both of you, your husbands, and furbabies have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. A friend of mine who has a part-time job with the American Legion applied for unemployment.  At first they told her she was not eligible, but then sent her a check for $2000 or so.  Such a nice surprise.

Respected Contributor

I hope the inspection God smoothly, Barbara. I'm glad the lawn got mowed. I take it that the lovely neighbor isn't the one whose children throw things in the trees. Lol.

I had forgotten about the long lines at the drive through  for banking until I got there yesterday. Once online I was stuck there. No room to the left or right of me.

R's scope didn't take long. I dropped him off at 8:30 and he was ready to be picked up at 10:20. Other times it's taken at least 4 hours at the VA or our local hospital. They asked him about his meds and of course he had no clue since I order his refills and stock the weekly pillbox. Now if they'd allowed me to come in with him I could have answered their questions.

As I suspected now he thinks he'll go to the rendezvous. Supposedly everyone will wear masks and be 6' apart.

I fed the little feral earlier and wouldn't you know Jinx ran up and tried to get the food.I pulled him back and told him "No. You have your own house and food". He actually listened. The remainder of the lawn is now mowed (front and back). Recycling is out for tomorrow. I hope the wind doesn't blow things over. Carrying the one recycling container down the steps I managed to spill it. Wouldn't you know it was the fullest can. A young couple helped me pick it up.

it's so fortunate your DD and DGD discovered the puppy right away and he wasn't hurt, Linda. Pups can get themselves in the craziest predicaments. I'm glad you can enjoy the lunchtime concerts. What a nice surprise for your friend to get the money.