Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of March 26

Good Morning!  Hope Syd's competition goes well, Barbara.  And, I hope you feel okay.

Also hope you find that bar mat, Claudia.  I really don't like it when I do something like that.  Unfortunately, I often find the item after the event is over.  For example, I found my "December angel" (little decoration I was given when I was young), when I was putting away my Christmas ornaments.  

Not that I don't like DGD working hard for school, but I think concentrating so much on getting straight "A's" is putting too much pressure on yourself.  That is something about your roommate -- yikes!

It is cool this morning, and I'm not rushing to get anything done.  But, I guess I better take my walk now.  I've started the laundry, and I did find a few clothes to donate.  For some reason, I'm pretty motivated today.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Yay! Found the bar mat. Wouldn't you know it was right where I thought rolled up and under something. That and the maple syrup and spread is on its way. I had numerous errands this morning- post office (got there at opening so got a parking space), Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply (cat food $16.99 instead of $22.99), 2 smaller groceries, plus an eclectic antique shop. I went to the antique shop for a vintage milk jug carrier for when I pick up the raw milk. So far I've cracked or broken 2 and they're a $2 deposit each. I came out of the shop with the carrier, a sign saying "should have bought it when I saw it", and a smaller size trunk of repurposed wood.

Adam used his phone to have the boys call me this afternoon. It was good to hear their voices. He's taking them to his work and their dad will pick them up from there. I'm not sure if they go back to Whit tonight or tomorrow morning. Dylan got above 85%on all his subjects. Math and science I think we're 100%.

Linda, my roommate later regretted concentrating so much on school work. She was the first of her family to attend college and when she happened to get a 4.0 that first semester she felt she had to maintain it.

Barbara, best wishes for Sydnie's competition. I hope you can get up and move about some.

Respected Contributor

Just home from the emergency vet. Bo either had a major stroke or heart attack. Panting then stopped breathing. R got him breathing again but he couldn't move. With help we got him to the suv but he was dead before we got to the emergency vet 60 miles away. I don't think even a local vet could have helped.

Got home to find Griff somehow let himself out back and was barking up a storm. The local police showed up 5 minutes after we got home. At least my neighbor was still up and came over to confirm she and her husband helped load Bo into the suv.

All in all a pretty rotten evening.

Esteemed Contributor

What a terrible evening, Claudia.  I am so sorry to hear about Bo's passing.  Sending my condolences and lots of hugs.