Esteemed Contributor

Pretty Logo Top, but...

[ Edited ]

(fixed typo)

Logo is definitely my favorite QVC brand, and my credit card knows it, but I struggle with the ruffles.

A648340 is gorgeous, but I don't think I want to wear that seamed ruffle around my waist.  I wonder if people like that.  I shop the brand, a lot, but the ruffles at the hem just kill me.

Honored Contributor

I also don't like ruffled hems.  I don't tend to go for ruffled anything.  Lori will have some amazing things but  some of her items are really misses for me.

For instance, I've tried her boyfriend jeans and love them.  I ordered the new cashew ones from her TSV offering.  I have tried her denim jackets but not her vests.

I saw the new vest being offered and ordered it in cashew too.  I love a lot of her bottoms but too many of her tops just don't work for me.

He tops tend to be too high necked for my liking and if it fits well in the bust area for me then the bottom of the top is often much too wide....makes me look like I'm expecting.  I'm also no longer a fan of all of the shark bite or asymmetric hems on her tops.

I do like some of the colors she uses (one of my fovorite color combos is black with cashew!) but I wish she would go with more regular hems on her tops.

Valued Contributor

I agree regarding the ruffles.  I LOVE Logo tops, but feel the ruffles are just too young for me.  I don't mind hi low hems or shark bite hems, but the ruffles kill it for me.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I agree with you about ruffles.  

My particular "look" doesn't include ruffles.  I'm more of a city-chic / city boho.  ( and I use the terms chic and boho with caution)

I never was one to wear ruffles .... just too "girlie" for me.

Respected Contributor

The ruffles and elastic at sleeves both make this non-interesting for me. I did hear her say something this morning about trying to use more cotton fabrics in the summer, first time I heard anyone confess that polyester won't work in hot & humid climates. This top is cute but looks like something I would've worn in my 20s, not my current 70s. At least it's not super long with the ruffles that would hug my thunder thighs.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I actually LIKE the hem.  It is very soft and not overly glathered make it stick out excessively.  Doesn't look like a tutu!  Would not add bulk to the tushie!

I consider it a scallop hem...gently flowing.  I love the color!

3/4 sleeves is the only miss for me.

Honored Contributor

I can think of very few women I know whose appearance would be enhanced by a ruffle at the waist or hips, sort of like an elephant in a tutu....who needs it?

I think I've never owned a ruffle and have no plans to ever acquire one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Carolina925   Logo has been using a lot of cotton for years, maybe more than other QVC brands since Denim & Co is now using other materials.  If you see something you like, you may want to check the fabric content.  She puts some poly in her jeans (a lot of brands do), and her logo lounge line that seems to be disappearing.  She shows very little poly, but unfortunately some of her newer pieces are poly.  She was originally mostly rayon and it was very poor quality.  I came back when she brought her upgraded rayon 230, which maybe she is phasing out too.  I bought some of those, but my favorites are her cotton and cotton/modal pieces.  I love the colors and have too many of them.

Valued Contributor

Re: Pretty Logo Top, but...

[ Edited ]

I don't mind the ruffles. But as someone else mentioned, I have never been a fan of elastic in sleeves. I have bought loads of LOGO over the years and it and Louis Dell Olio are the two brands I have the most of.

In LOGO I would say 98% of my purchases have been solid color items. I have very few prints from the line. Most all of the prints would be in tanks I've gotten to go under solid cardigans. I was trying to think if I had anything with ruffles so I went and checked my order history. I did find two items. The first one below is a basic for summer and I like it cause it so darn thin...thus cool. And the other one might not be anyone else's cup of tea but I wear it unbuttoned as a cardigan. I got the black color (not green as in pic) and wear it with a black shirt under it. It's good when you need a long sleeve but something not too heavy as the season is changing. Very comfortable. Both items are old and no longer available.

So yes, for better or worse I've rocked a ruffle or two. Woman LOL And at my age I don't really care if others find it appropriate or not.

Honored Contributor

I thought this was pretty cute until I watched the video in the listing and no one looked good in it. I don't mind ruffles but they can be problematic to find a fit that flatters.