Super Contributor
Petrel blue is a different word and not connected to petrol!! I think it's a beautiful blue green and almost certain it's a bird!!!
Honored Contributor

Thank heavens for Wikipedia. "Petrol Blue" explained fully below:

1. (UK) a greyish blue colour, tinted with green.

Many people erroneously believe that this is a misspelling of petrel blue, and that the term refers to the sea bird. However, the OED gives only this spelling. The term may originally have pertained to petrol-derived compounds such as paraffin, which is often coloured blue.

Most likely the word "petrol", which describes a colour of bluish green, is derived etymologically from the word "petroleum" (crude oil). Petroleum varies greatly in colour, some are colourless, many of them are of nice bluish green colour. Not the petrel or the adding of colours to fuel (British English: petrol) etc. are the reasons, why the colour petrol is called petrol.

petrol blue

1. (UK) of a greyish blue colour, tinted with green.
Trusted Contributor

I don't think Louis names the colors. QVC does.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/26/2014 santorini said:

I LOVE that color! Surely there will be matching pieces to go with this tank, right?

I think there will be an array of wk's in that color. That's usually the case.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/26/2014 crdlb said:

That's correct. And I wouldn't assume that the actual color is the same as on these web sites.

Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:
On 3/26/2014 crdlb said:

That's correct. And I wouldn't assume that the actual color is the same as on these web sites.

Louis' blog usually has much better photos of the items.

Valued Contributor
On 3/26/2014 Daysdee said:

I wonder what older pieces this will match? Beautiful color.

Those mushroom trousers & safari jacket for one, but also the new twig would be great with this, & there are those dark tan cotton sateen pants coming in May as well.

Valued Contributor
On 3/26/2014 Daysdee said:
On 3/26/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:
On 3/26/2014 crdlb said:

Louis' blog usually has much better photos of the items.

Was this color shown on the blog? I must have missed it. In any case, while it may not be exactly the same as those shown on the website JJM shared, it's probably safe to assume it's in the same ballpark whether QVC or LDO gave name to it.