Honored Contributor

I have my keys and key card on a Coach ID lanyard.  If I'm just going down to get the mail or a quick trip to the store, I can tuck my credit card or money into the id case and hang the lanyard around my neck.  

Hands free ... no pockets necesary.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt

I like pants with no pockets! I never use pockets on the pants that have them. I’m not looking to add bumps and bulges to my silhouette.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP -- I need and use pockets and I won't buy a pair of jeans or slacks without them.   Interesting to read all the opinions here.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

My husband carries his things in his pockets.  I'm a woman, I carry my things in my handbag so I neither need nor want pockets in my pants.  With expensive pants, I have the tailor at the dry cleaner's sew the pockets shut.  It makes for smoother, cleaner line.

@chrystaltree.  You may regret that when your purse gets snatched in a grocery store parking lot.  This is not a rare occurrence no matter where you live and often results in injuries to the handbag owner. 

I had mine taken in a shopping center parking lot years ago.  I was using a shoulder bag firmly on my shoulder with my hand holding the bag....no dangling handbag.  This guy grabbed and took it in one swoop with a swarm of people around.  Some of the men went after him but stopped when he threatened to shoot them.  There was a car waiting to whisk him away.

Horrible experience but I am not a "the sky is falling" type of person.  I'm actually the only person that I know of that has had my handbag snatched.  It happened 20 years ago in front of my own home.  The police think the guy followed me home from the bank, I'd withdrawn cash for Christmas shopping.  I will not let things like that turn me into a victim or determine my clothing choices.  I learned my lessons from that experience 20 years ago and the lesson wasn't walk around with all your belongs bulging in your hip pockets.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

My husband carries his things in his pockets.  I'm a woman, I carry my things in my handbag so I neither need nor want pockets in my pants.  With expensive pants, I have the tailor at the dry cleaner's sew the pockets shut.  It makes for smoother, cleaner line.

@chrystaltree.  You may regret that when your purse gets snatched in a grocery store parking lot.  This is not a rare occurrence no matter where you live and often results in injuries to the handbag owner. 

I had mine taken in a shopping center parking lot years ago.  I was using a shoulder bag firmly on my shoulder with my hand holding the bag....no dangling handbag.  This guy grabbed and took it in one swoop with a swarm of people around.  Some of the men went after him but stopped when he threatened to shoot them.  There was a car waiting to whisk him away.

Within the last couple of months, I bought the LUG Carousel 2 bag which can be used as a shoulder bag, crossbody bag or around my waist as a fanny pack.  When I do my weekly shopping, I switch to this bag and use it as a crossbody.  Problem solved.   

Yes, I own a crossbody that I wear when it isn't prudent to carry a handbag.  I don't like the idea of fanny packs but when we are at a sporting event or fair or sightseeing....I have my crossbody.  Sometimes I have it on under my coat in the winter.

Honored Contributor

I like pockets for my hands! LOL am I alone on this?!

Honored Contributor

Remember "NO WIRE HANGERS EVER!!!"?

That's pretty much how I feel about pockets on pants.

Except for jeans.  And maybe faux flap pockets on the back of some pants.  But I just like those for detail, not to put things in.  *shudder*

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The time when I absolutely must have a decent size pocket is when I exercise walk. I need a pocket for my cell phone -- for emergencies but also for music.

That's the reason I love Talbots' crop leggings. They have two generous pockets on each side. It's not easy to find leggings with pockets.

@suzyQ3

Yes, although I generally do not like pockets on pants, I like to have a pocket if I'm out for a walk and wearing leggings.  I like the inside pocket on a few pair that I have where I can stash my house key.  

Super Contributor

@fthunt 

are like Oreos without milk - useless and frustrating!