Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

Home with my boot on, visiting fav sites, I went to Veronica Beard to "dream".

With an extra 25% off in clearance, I found this space dyed sweater.  The blue just grabbed me.  The tiny bit of rust is ok.

20230831_141607.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Home with my boot on, visiting fav sites, I went to Veronica Beard to "dream".

With an extra 25% off in clearance, I found this space dyed sweater.  The blue just grabbed me.  The tiny bit of rust is ok.

20230831_141607.jpg

I am SO SORRY to read about your injury😔, and pray that you are on the mend soon!🙏😊 I really like this blouse because it goes with just about EVERYTHING!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles 

Thank you!  I really did a good one!  Trying to keep the doses of Tylenol to 2x a day so I can have it longer.  The boot is actually soothing on my ankle.

Honored Contributor

@wilma , sorry to hear about your storm damage.  We've had some doozies last few weeks too.  No lost power here though.  We have underground utilities although the main street our street empties into is above-ground, so we're not immune to it.  We lost power for a whole week back during the 2011 tornado outbreak.  We have a small generator which kept our fridge and tech going, but lost a chest freezer full of food.

@ECBG I read about your husband and your ankle injury over on the Among Friends forum.  Glad your husband is doing better and hoping for healing for your ankle.

Honored Contributor

Sunday's outfit:  New Directions top, Victoria's Secret Pants, and new heels from Shoe Carnival I got during the tax free shopping weekend for Back to School.  I've already thrown the shoe box out, so don't know the brand.  There's only a D in the shoe.  I can tell by how they feel on my feet that they are not a quality shoe, but luckily I don't have to be on my feet that much.

27 AUG 2023 Outfit.jpgD Shoes.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Oh my gosh!  Adorable shoes!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Thanks for your concern. Things are back to normal here after the storm. We live in the old city limits so all utilities are above ground. One of my sisters lives in a newer community in the county & hers are underground. She rarely loses power.

A newer home with underground utilities would be nice, but we're staying in our current house until age prohibits that. It's a one story ranch with a basement so we think we can live here a long time. We also like the neighborhood. We're close to what we need, and it's mostly quiet here. 

Enjoy the holiday weekend! ☀️ 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all so much for your kind words Smiley Happy.  My law school classes started last Monday; this term, I'm only taking two classes, M and W night, to not only ease back in and get used to being in school again, but also to keep working full time this term.  I'll add a couple more in the spring semester to accelerate things and work part time for a while.  I'm starting to proofread some of my outfit posts, so I'll be back to posting on here soon, albeit months late initially.

;

We all take care of each other and are a long distance "family" that you are a part of.

Thank you for that.  You know what?  I was starting to feel that a bit myself, part of me felt as though I had let you down in a way with my getting behind in my postings.  I kind of dismissed it, since this is all online, but it means a lot to know that such is normal in this forum.  Kind of a "cozy" feeling Smiley Happy, if that makes sense.

Your BF is very lucky to have you.  If he is the one, he is very fortunate to have you!  

Thank you very much Smiley Happy.  It's really the other way around, though.  I think I started posting on here after he did a big thing for my birthday back in January, and that was for 27.  We didn't feel as though we could really do anything for 2021 and 2022, so he felt as though he has to "make up" for it; not that he had to, but it was very sweet of him.  With his being the start of a new decade, I wanted to do something big.  I'm not sure that I could outdo what he did, but I wanted to do something memorable for him.

We know we're the right match; we both have goals (my law degree is one of them) before we get married, but we're happy to be together in the meantime Smiley Happy

@spumoni99 

I've been undecided myself for similar reason as you.  I enjoy working with clients, but I'm not allowed to give any legal advice, even when I know the answer, but I don't feel as though I could ever be confrontational enough to argue with opposing counsel, and other things like interrupting to shout "objection", which I would have to do.  I met with one of the partner attorneys, and he explained to me that there are a number of career paths that allow for client interaction, giving legal advice, that don't involve representing clients in a courtroom setting, and that got me excited about this.

How are you enjoying retirement?

@ECBG 

How has your ankle been healing?  As it is supposed to, I am hoping

@wilma @ROMARY @Parischic 

(I hope I didn't miss anyone.  Apologies if I did, I do thank you for your kind posts, as well)

Honored Contributor

@Alyssa951951 

SO very wonderful to hear from you!  

I hope you are enjoying those classes, you'll be wonderful!  Teaching never felt like "work" because I enjoyed my career so much!

The ankle is a week out, a week before the recheck.  The boot is incredibly soothing!  I still have a big knot on the other shin.  Now I need to get my lower back straight.  The soreness has left with only that left, but thanks.  

Honored Contributor

Hi @Alyssa951951  -  It's great to hear from you.  I always enjoyed your fashion posts. 

Sounds like you are doing well starting back with two classes and remaining working full time.  Great idea to ease back into it now and then take more classes in the spring.

Hope you're able to get on here and post a little.  I'll be watching for you!  Take care.  Smiley Happy