Valued Contributor

Re: Oils or Creams for Nails -- Which ones do you use for dry, brittle nails?

I simply use Argan Oil, since I already have it and use it for so many other things anyway! My hands and cuticles live it. I put it on twice a day...morning and evening massage it into the back of my hands and nails.
Honored Contributor

I have tried them all.  Only two things work for my ragged, beat up cuticls.  Debborah Lippman's The Cure cuticle cream.  Then I like solar oil, but mainly to maintain them. 

Valued Contributor

Solar Oil. And apply a rich hand cream at night.
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much!  All of these recommendations sound great.  As I posted before, I use hand cream all the time and I wear gloves  But my nails and cuticles are still so dry.

Does anyone else have these ugle vertical lines in their nails?  I was told that they are another thing that happens with age.  And that there is nothing you can do about it.  How nice!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Hard As Hoof Nail strengthening cream. Comes in a little jar. Massage  in cuticles daily. Your nails will thank you for it. Mine grow so fast now I have to keep them trimmed betweeen manicures! 

You can find it at Wal-mart and I have seen it in Tuesday Morning. Look for it in the nail/polishes section of the store. I happened upon it at Tuesday Morning last weekend for $1.99 a jar! Even regular price at Wal-mart is under $5. This is the best! 

Valued Contributor

I use Solar Oil, inexspensive, and it works.. Massage  2 times a day, and you will  see a difference in your nails.

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh I have horrible cuticles and nails. My cuticles get so bad that I end up getting infections. I have tried traditional oils such as Sally Hansen, over the years some q products but for the last 2 months I have been using Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Oil and her "The Cure" Cuticle cream from HSN. These products are fantastic. It took a few weeks but my cuticles are not cracking now. I also use her cuticle remover and a stick to push them back.. Fro the Q I use the Pink Gel Coat and that has been fantastic for helping my nails get stronger. I have been a nail biter all of my life and I am 57, now my nails are looking decent so I don't feel embarrassed for someone to see them. I will always buy these products. The Pink Gel Coat only goes on 1 time per week so it lasts and lasts. I bought all of these products in desperation after seeing presentations and I am glad that I did.  

Honored Contributor

I apologize if I have not thanked posters who have responded.  I am still not used to this new set-up and I keep missing posts, so I hope you will forgive me!!  Don't know if I will ever totally get used to it!!!

I thank you all for the nice tips and suggestions.  I am currently shopping all of these and trying to figure out which one would be the best for me to start with.  I want to kind of stick with something as natural as possible.  

Thanks, again!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin