Honored Contributor

O/T Today is World Cancer Day!

Today is World Cancer Day, raising awareness of cancer and the need for early detection that will save lives in the long run.

Ladies, schedule your annual mammograms.

Everyone, schedule your colonoscopies! It does save lives!

Wear purple today.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Re: O/T Today is World Cancer Day!

Thanks Jazz, I had no idea! As a matter of fact, I am wearing purple today. Said a little prayer for my dad who passed away in November {#emotions_dlg.sad} He had a very deadly form of lung cancer but so many cancers are treatable if caught early. So important to go through the screening. My mom is a colon cancer survivor and all thanks to early detection!

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reminder to always get your checkups.

Hubby has had cancer twice and my best friend has had cancer twice. We are always very aware of how important our checkups are.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder to get those all-important checkups!

I had skin cancer at an early age with no re-occurrence thankfully and I book my dermatologist checkup every year without fail. So many advances have been made in cancer treatment IF you catch it early. So those check ups and tests really do save lives.

Contributor

There was a commercial during the Super Bowl, sponsored by Chevy trucks, I think, featuring a woman looking out the vehicle's passenger window while her guy drove down a rural road. She had very short hair and slight welling of tears and reached out her hand for his over the center console. No words, but you knew she was a cancer warrior and he was her rock. Final screen image noted Tuesday was the day to honor both.