Occasional Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

I just completed a QVC survey. I mentioned that without Kathy Levine, Joan Rivers, and Lisa Robertson, viewing will not be as rich. Surely the staples are very good hosts, I'm not trying to insult them. I must amend my response as I will watch Jayne Brown and Jane Tracey, Leah, Rachel, Mary Beth, and Carolyn. Get Rick to sell D&C, and I'll watch him more often.

My condolences to Melissa, Connor, David, and all of you were were "family" to Joan. I will miss you, Lisa! Val

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Remee said:

No one is thinking about Lisa's roots,and the fact that her "title" as a fashion and beauty 'EXPERT" is nothing more than contrived hype by Q to make her more believable. You have to remember that she has had no formal education or training in any of these fields.

Only after appearing on a few TV spots and gaining attention as a favorite Q host did they start marketing her with this awarded title. She has never "earned" it in the truest sense of the words.

The person who employs me to make them look better can say anything they want about me when presenting me in their behalf. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Joan Rivers had no formal training in fashion either.

Super Contributor

Possibly she is going on to TV w/a new What Not To Wear or Fashion Police type of show....or as someone else suggested, as a permanent beauty/fashion advisor on Oxygen or OWN or whatever Network. ..one thing I can assume (w 99% accuracy!) is that lovely Lisa is NOT leaving TV! Jmho....
Super Contributor

These unfounded ideas from you crazy posters get wilder and wilder as the hours go by!

Bet Lisa is ROTFL as much as I have been!

Hello, I am still devastated that Lisa is leaving! I had recorded the season finale of The Lisa Robertson Show, which aired I believe on Friday, Sept. 12th. On that show, she said the LRS would be back in February. So since she is now leaving, it will not be. Also, it just so happens that her Posh gifts show is on December 12th. I wish she had stayed through the end of the year at least. And I wish she would tell us where she is going - as I for one am not a social media guru like a lot of Lisa's Facebook contacts are and I'm afraid I will miss when and if she does let us know. She could also be going to work at somewhere like Bare Minerals with her BFF Leslie, too OR taking up violin, OR pursuing long term care career. I cannot imagine QVC without Lisa Robertson! What do all of you think!

Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Kathleen said:
On 10/11/2014 ashleigh dupray said:
On 10/11/2014 Kathleen said:
On 10/11/2014 Skylands said:
On 10/11/2014 Ranchergal said:

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did.....

In today's job market, nobody stays in a job more than 5 years. Companies like you to move on so they find ways to help U move on. 20 years is unheard of ......

That's not the way it is here in NYC. How do you build up your retirement and 401(k) if you are constantly changing jobs. Many companies - you aren't vested in your retirement until 10 years. I was with my last employer 18 years when I retired. One of my friends just retired ... her entire career was with one companyone.

The new regime. Job-hopping used to be frowned upon but now 18 months to two years - if one hasn't moved on the resume is questioned. Dead wood.

And many 401/403s vest after 5 years.

I guess you are assuming that someone who works for the same employer for a number of years is doing the same job all those years. That's not the case ... particularly when working for a large corporations as I did. You generally "move up the ladder" every few years.

U move up or out.

Occasional Contributor

I am celebrating that Lisa is leaving. I change the channel if she is presenting. Could never figure out why QVC kept her on. So fake and conceited.

Valued Contributor

Been at my job 19 years and I never stop learning. 5 years are you serious?

Occasional Contributor

I think since she is so popular now she will be taking Joan rivers place on that show she was on!!! Jmo
Occasional Contributor

This is off subject but has anyone else been annoyed with Jen Coffee an her being overbearing to Judith Ripkas dealer the other night? I did turn the channel. She was not letting the dealer get a word in edgewise