Super Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC...Is this pure coincidence?

On 10/13/2014 Nikalette said: I'm a big Shark Tank fan. I knew GILI was a knock off line essentially, making more affordable copies of designer brands. But only when I learned about Damon's FUBU line, did I put 2 and 2 together and figure out the GILI brand name is itself a bit of a knock off of Damon's line, which stands for For U By U. Just interesting to me.

Fubu is for men. Good grief

Super Contributor

On 10/13/2014 CouponQueen said:

you have got to be kidding me? Seriously? Does people really have so much time and energy to think of some "coincidence" regarding a host that is leaving and a product line??

I just don't get all of the bashing, watching and harassment of a host on a shopping channel. Do people really have that much time on their hands that this is even center stage enough to care? I don't get it..I really do not.

Haaa- hA----The girl is going to be picked apart. By the time she is copied, She will have changed her look. ALOT TO KEEP UP WITH.

Honored Contributor

I don't recall Lisa saying she was leaving her 'current position' at QVC. What I think she said was that she's leaving QVC. Period.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I remember the year she was almost blond. I can tell you fans she loved and possibly stocked Joans lipliner's ..

Occasional Contributor

I was sad to see Marc Bouwer on Shop HQ. The real designers excepting Isaac of course are really fading in air time at the Q. Might as well call it Liquid Knit Fashions, or according to Miss Graver she is the only "really professionally trained designer to fit pants". I imagine George, Louis, Isaac and so on love hearing that. David Dangle was the best thing to happen on QVC in quite awhile. I am sick of Susan Graver. LB@22

Trusted Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Kathleen said:
On 10/11/2014 ashleigh dupray said:
On 10/11/2014 Kathleen said:
On 10/11/2014 Skylands said:
On 10/11/2014 Ranchergal said:

I think she just needs change. Life moves on. People don't stick with the same job their entire lives as they once did.....

In today's job market, nobody stays in a job more than 5 years. Companies like you to move on so they find ways to help U move on. 20 years is unheard of ......

That's not the way it is here in NYC. How do you build up your retirement and 401(k) if you are constantly changing jobs. Many companies - you aren't vested in your retirement until 10 years. I was with my last employer 18 years when I retired. One of my friends just retired ... her entire career was with one companyone.

The new regime. Job-hopping used to be frowned upon but now 18 months to two years - if one hasn't moved on the resume is questioned. Dead wood.

And many 401/403s vest after 5 years.

I guess you are assuming that someone who works for the same employer for a number of years is doing the same job all those years. That's not the case ... particularly when working for a large corporations as I did. You generally "move up the ladder" every few years.

I think in today's day and age the best way to move up is to move out. More and more hiring is done from outside the corporation rather than moving up the ladder which was more the norm many years ago.

Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 OldFoogey said:

I think I don`t care.

I think I love this.

New Contributor

Looking forward to The Amy Stran Show or The Courtney Cason Show or PM Style with Amy Stran or PM Style with Courtney Cason Smiley Happy.
Super Contributor

On 10/13/2014 abby2010 said: Looking forward to The Amy Stran Show or The Courtney Cason Show or PM Style with Amy Stran or PM Style with Courtney Cason Smiley Happy.

NOT VALLEY GIRL COURTNEY ----

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Nikalette said: I'm a big Shark Tank fan. I knew GILI was a knock off line essentially, making more affordable copies of designer brands. But only when I learned about Damon's FUBU line, did I put 2 and 2 together and figure out the GILI brand name is itself a bit of a knock off of Damon's line, which stands for For U By U. Just interesting to me.
It is for us, by us= fubu