Honored Contributor

Re: Laundering Lori Goldstein

The little bit of LOGO I have left, I wash on gentle cycle in woolite and hang to dry. No matter what I do they grow, pill and look like rags in very short order.

Honored Contributor

I've never had any pilling. 

I wash on cold, tumble for a few minutes and then hang to dry. 

Occasional Contributor

I hang my Logo over the curtain bar across the length of my bathtub.

Honored Contributor

I like to put a towel on the back of a chair, and then drape the garment over that.  Works pretty well for things that might stretch a bit.  For things that don't, putting them on a hangar to dry works great.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the advice, but I never put Lori's items in the dryer but still have the pilling problem.I do use the washing machine on handwash cycle with woolite. I'll try just hand washing.

Thanks everyone for you time!

cc

PS I wash just one top at a time in the machine.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy LOGO but when I have something to hang up to dry - most swimsuits for me - I put one of those collapsable drying racks in the guest room bathtub and lay things out on the top or hang them over the rods. For the most part I do not purchase very many things that have to be delicatly washed. I have little interest in spending forever trying to hand wash clothing.If it can't go in the washer on cold/delicate I don't buy it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lhasalover wrote:

I am running out of places to "lay flat to dry." Anyone ever have good luck drip drying her stuff on a hanger? I need some suggestions. please. I have a very small laundry room.

My apartment is really tiny ... and the only place to dry things is in the bathroom over the tub.  

I handwash each after i wear it .... dry it overnight.  It's dry in the morning and goes back in the closet.  Our laundry room has commercial machines and I don't put anything 'iffy" in the laundry.

It may seem like a pain in the neck to wash a piece each night - but in the long run it works well.  It becomes a routine .... wash clothing (5 minutes), wash up and brush teeth before bed (3 minutes). 

Respected Contributor

Seems like a lot of work to preserve rags.

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I hang to dry also.  I've never had a problem.

There are very few things I lay flat to dry. 

This is what I do - no problems at all. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I also hang to dry on hangers and have never had a problem. 

I do not use Woolite because there are some fabrics that don't do well with it. I use Dreft which doesn't harm the color nor the clothing - very gentle.  I have an agitator machine and have never had a problem with pilling or anything else laundering my LOGO.  I do turn inside out and put in a mesh laundry bag (which I have multiples in in all different sizes) because of the agitator - I don't want anything  -- like a sleeve or any of the lace) getting caught in it as it moves.  I do this with my embellised pieces also - turning inside out is important.