Honored Contributor

I don’t remember so much clothing, shoes, accessories, etc. on clearance in past years. Too much inventory as a result of poor merchandise choices, high prices, repetition or all of the above?

Esteemed Contributor

Poor merchandise choices - for sure

Honored Contributor

Overpriced to begin with.  Even on sale some items, IMO, are overpriced and an easy pass.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don’t remember so much clothing, shoes, accessories, etc. on clearance in past years. Too much inventory as a result of poor merchandise choices, high prices, repetition or all of the above?

@Shanus  Q has also had more free S&H than ever before.  Perhaps it has something to do with the acquisition of HSN and combining more of their policies?   Their sales and free S&H opportunities have always been better than Q's.

Honored Contributor

Re: LOTS ON CLEARANCE

[ Edited ]

@PearleeAnd I find the opposite to be true.  HSN used to have more free shipping, e.g., on Easy Spirit but now it's $5.50.  Plus I've had several items in my "favorites" list and the price hasn't changed in months.  Not the case before the "merger."  IMO HSN is becoming more like QVC rather than vice versa, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@PearleeAnd I find the opposite to be true.  HSN used to have more free shipping, e.g., on Easy Spirit but now it's $5.50.  Plus I've had several items in my "favorites" list and the price hasn't changed in months.  Not the case before the "merger."  IMO HSN is becoming more like QVC rather than vice versa, unfortunately.

@kaydee50  Interesting.  I'll bow to your greater knowledge and experience because I don't shop at HSN any more and haven't for quite a while.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50  I don’t shop HSN enough to judge.

Esteemed Contributor

Prices.  Also I notice they up shipping when an item is on clearance.

Valued Contributor

i rarely watch a clothing show. never have watched a shoe show. the only accessory show that i watched was twice for breezies when they had a tsv. i bought enough bras to last several years, so i won't be watching their shows any time soon.

so i don't know whether they order too much, don't order enough of the most ordered sizes or the prices are too high, for what "we" perceive the item is worth.

if you or i think a shirt is worth $40 max, and it's on sale for $50, that sale price isn't going to make me budge and order it. while i don't know you, i don't think you would order it either. does that make sense?

i don't know how often it happens, but i have seen products on sale for more then when i originally saw the product. so the word "sale" doesn't mean that much to me.

often, stores put things on sale after they sell x number of a item, and have made their money back and/or a certain profit. that could be what's going on here.

having said that i think the # of orders in general has gone down, regardless of the category.

i can't tell you how many items i pass on, either for there not being a color that i like or there is something in the bundle that i don't like. for example, i wanted to order some cheryl's cookies, but one of the flavors was something there is no way i would put in my mouth. so, i kept my money.

at least for me, that is why i don't order more food items. i just do not like all of the flavors or whatever in the bundles. why they don't offer all of the same item . . . even sometimes . . . is beyond me.

also, sometimes, it is too hard to "hear about the actual product" because everyone is talking at the same time or interrupting, so i get turned off and just change the channel. i watch way less today, then i did 5 years ago, for this reason.

just my thoughts

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

Probably all of the above. 

I have seen more clearance prices than usual on the Q. Their sale prices still aren’t as good as other retailers but definitely better than in the past. I was interested in a few items that were no longer available in my size. Debated a suede jacket that is marked down - from $187 to $125 but didn’t really want to spend more than $100.