Honored Contributor

Re: IMAN TS "Slip Into Slim" jeans & new fall line!

@Ms X wrote:

I waited until the palazzos were 3/4 off and then tried them.  The fabric was really bad.  Also, the gold on the printed pant ruined them.  I thought the cut of the pants was really nice and the sizing was good.  I just could not deal with the horrible quality fabric and sent them back.

@Ms X

Same here. They were some silly cheap price (remember when they gave the comparable retail as $110.00 each pair?!!)

The fabric was crusty for lack of a better description and the regular length (I'm a whopping 5'2") hit me in the middle of my shins?!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I waited until the palazzos were 3/4 off and then tried them.  The fabric was really bad.  Also, the gold on the printed pant ruined them.  I thought the cut of the pants was really nice and the sizing was good.  I just could not deal with the horrible quality fabric and sent them back.

@Ms X

Same here. They were some silly cheap price (remember when they gave the comparable retail as $110.00 each pair?!!)

The fabric was crusty for lack of a better description and the regular length (I'm a whopping 5'2") hit me in the middle of my shins?!

@Andreatoo  It sounds like someone had put them in the dryer, ruined them, and returned them!  The length was good, and I'm 5'3".  The fabric wasn't hard or crusty.  It was just a very cheap polyester type fabric.  I loved the cut of them, but she really needs to change that fabric.  I've had good luck with Iman's fabrics, but this one was bad.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X

The retail value that they put on her items is so off the mark, it's laughable.  Anything I've purchased from Iman I've purchased at a super deep discount.  With the exception of the suede and ponte jacket, none of it has been worth more than the deeply discounted price I paid.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

The wrap has POCKETS??? I am going to have to get the gene. That makes the wrap pretty darn irresistable!

@willdob3

I did not watch Iman over the weekend.  I did notice today the plaid wraps are $39-something.  This was listed as a sale price.  I purchased the black and the red.

I love the pockets.  I'm a wrap girl and in the fall I'll use these with a turtleneck or blouse. (and pants, of course)

Honored Contributor

Did anyone else receive them? I did and they are all going back. 10 too tight, I like the 12's except for the snug fit in thighs and puckering in the thighs. That is the only issue for me. The fabric might be a factor in that. It does have a sheen too.

So disappointed. I loved the higher rise and the double buttons and the waistband. The moss and zinfandel colors are gorgeous. Don't they try these on fit models before they put them on the air? I think they would be snug and would pucker even on someone with thin thighs.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Contributor

Two years ago I purchased the original version of these pants in the bootcut, but didn't care for the fabric or fit -- scratchy and tight in the waist. For this visit, I heard Iman say that she listened to customers feedback and made the exact changes that I would have wanted -- softer, stretchier fabric and a wider, easier waistband. So, I took a second chance and ordered the bootcuts again (already have slim jeans I like from another designer). Wow, these are perfect!  So glad I ordered a few colors as these will be a real staple in my fall wardrobe.

BTW, I ordered my regular size with no problems at all.

Respected Contributor

Just received my Iman's Slip Into Slim Curve Appeal jeans in black.  I love them! They are soft and fit perfectly. They don't really feel like jeans. They feel and look more like dress pants. I ordered my brick and mortar size 12, and they fit perfectly. The HSN size suggestion wanted me to order a size 10, but after reading all the reviews, I decided to go with the 12. They are so great that I am ordering more Iman Slip and Slim jeans today on fashion clearance!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Did anyone else receive them? I did and they are all going back. 10 too tight, I like the 12's except for the snug fit in thighs and puckering in the thighs. That is the only issue for me. The fabric might be a factor in that. It does have a sheen too.

So disappointed. I loved the higher rise and the double buttons and the waistband. The moss and zinfandel colors are gorgeous. Don't they try these on fit models before they put them on the air? I think they would be snug and would pucker even on someone with thin thighs.

Sorry they don't fit. Would a size up work? If they have them HSN is great about exchanges.

- There were models wearing jeans that puckered because they needed a size larger. They looked pretty bad. If those were jeans that "fit" then I see how people end up with the wrong size.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I came here to see if anyone else received their Iman jeans.  I am SO happy with these!  I was worried about sizing so I ordered talls (long) and regular.  I have long legs but I'm only 5'4"  I have always had to order the Long in Iman's line but she mentioned that there were changes in these new jeans.  I also noticed that the Longs on Iman (I think she's 5'9") actually looked like they should (came all the way to the bottom of her high-heeled shoe.  That worried me.  I surely can't wear the same length as Iman!  Smiley Happy Well the Longs fit me perfectly with about a 2-1/2" heel.

I ordered some skinny jeans and the rest were bootcut (2 different lengths in several colors to wear with flats and heels).  I'm almost sad that I like them all.  Smiley Happy  There isn't a bad color in the group.  I LOVE the brownish color and the moss.

One thing I noticed was the change in labels on the sacks.  Unless they are returns, most of my garment sacks from H have the size and color included.  The new labels don't say anything like that.  I had to be careful to try one on and put it right back in the sack so I could make sure they matched up in case of returns.

Anyway, really love these jeans!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

The wrap has POCKETS??? I am going to have to get the gene. That makes the wrap pretty darn irresistable!

@willdob3

I did not watch Iman over the weekend.  I did notice today the plaid wraps are $39-something.  This was listed as a sale price.  I purchased the black and the red.

I love the pockets.  I'm a wrap girl and in the fall I'll use these with a turtleneck or blouse. (and pants, of course)

Im glad you found it! Enjoy!

I'm not a wrap girl but I think the pockets will make me one. The pockets might help me figure out how to wear it.

All the colors are good. I'd be happy with any of them.