Esteemed Contributor

I think Bob Mackie might be on his way out.....

So much on clearance and today when I looked under "Shop by Catagory" in "Fashion" on the QVC home page...his name is no longer there. "C Wonder" took his place. You now have to look  under "See other brands" to find him. 

He did have 3 new items on todays show but that was it......

Honored Contributor

Re: I think Bob Mackie might be on his way out.....

Bob is an institution.  It would truly be the end of an Era if he left.  I suppose at some point he deserves to retire, but doing what he loves probably keeps him active and busy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

For what it's worth, there are alot of Joan Rivers jewelry pieces in the just reduced offerings.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Loved Joan and Bob, but I think there is a very limited market for many of their things now.  Fashion has moved on for most people.

Esteemed Contributor

I like what I have from his collections, mostly Western in design.  I wear them square dancing.  I don't need more, but I treasure what I have.  Fits well, wears well, great clothing.  

Honored Contributor

I also have many of Bob's Southwestern designs which I treasure.  I also have many of his beautifully colored and patterned silky tops but since my social life is practically nil, I don't need more.  Nobody does color like Bob!

Respected Contributor

I actually just purchased a few things from his line. One was a caftan type top that I'll wear over white jeans. It's absolutely gorgeous. Not dated at all. It's not like a huge Mumu or anything. Maybe because I'm in Florida. The colors and beading on top are awesome. I'm heading back over to check out his clearance items again!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I also have many of Bob's Southwestern designs which I treasure.  I also have many of his beautifully colored and patterned silky tops but since my social life is practically nil, I don't need more.  Nobody does color like Bob!

@Kachina624  My social life is about non-existent right now too. I'm still running back and forth to doctors waiting on them to figure out what they are going to do. 

But I was out all day yesterday and if I must say so myself, I sure looked good, lol!  I don't really need to keep buying either. I have lots of new things. Now if they will get me up and moving again😤

Honored Contributor

@Reba055  I hope you're up and dancing soon.  For some reason, I always think of you as being from Oklahoma.  I guess that's cause the other Reba is.

Honored Contributor

This seems to be QVC's MO right now, they get rid of fabulous designers like Mackie & Simonton and promote horrible, cheap but grossly overpriced and IMO ugly Lori Goldstein designs.