Valued Contributor

Re: I think Bob Mackie might be on his way out.....

I hope not, I have blouses I bought 15 years ago that are still in style.  Mr. Mackie's clothes are so well made, most of them classic.  This is sad, hope it is not true, even if he retires he could still keep his line at QVC,  if that is the issue........................

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@culebra wrote:

I have never purchased anything from Bob Mackie, but I am seriously considering the  new beaded jacket he showed in PM Style. I have a lot of  uses for that jacket. It was a wonderful buy and very good looking.

I saw that!!! I wish that I had somewhere to wear it....Gorgeous...and worth every penny!!

I love that jacket too!  I believe it also comes with the solid tank.  

Esteemed Contributor

He is a class act and a gentleman. I have several of his fleece jackets and I love them and wear them often in the fall. I will be sad to see him leave  QVCWoman Sad.

Respected Contributor

I will be beyond angry if QVC were to let go Louis Dell Olio and is Linea Collection.  QVC tried that once and his ladies went ballistic.  Louis Dell Olio is by far the most prestigious designer at QVC.  I love his line.  He is a hands on designer who knows fabric, fit, etc. and it shows.  I cannot wait for his new spring collection.  His clothing is the best!

Trusted Contributor

I personally do not like his fashion.They all seem so ou dated,and the material is old.

Respected Contributor

I like Bob Mackie's demeanor, but to me his fashions are very theatrical and peacocky or else old-fashioned.  Too many bright colors and hokey prints for my taste.  There may have been 5 pieces I might have been interested in over the years.

Honored Contributor

If many of the tops got rid of the sequins, they might be wearable to me. Many times I like the look of a particular top but when I see it has embellishments or sequins, I turn away.

I do not see many people here wearing clothing with embellishments where I live.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I like him as a person, but his clothing line is definitely not my style.  I have never and would never buy any of it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@N8VNYR wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Some of his things might seem outdated for the really younger crowd, but many can be mixed with edgier pieces. They are classic and beautiful. Also, not everyone is under 30 and trying to dress like they are.  Many women choose more conservative, classic clothes and not just for church and funerals. Not everyone runs around looking like a homeless person.

Thank you Reba055

I am in complete agreement with you.  I'm not an old lady, yet I have a niece who is a 46-year old mother of a 9-year old daughter.  She dresses in sweat pants and sweatshirts, not "athletic-wear" but her husband's sweats.  I have not wanted to hurt her with insults but I think she looks awful, very sloppy.  I realize she is a busy Mom, but she does not work outside the home.
When I asked her why she dresses that way she replied: "because I want to feel comfortable."  I'm not a snob but I care about my appearance.  I wear comfortable clothing, most often the Denim & Co. Original Waist Stretch Pants with Side Pockets.  I run between a size small and Medium at 5'3" tall.  These pants have sold so many because, yes, they are comfortable.  I can add anything on top, depending on the look I want. 

I also dress in Lisa Rinna Palazzo Pants when I choose.  Again, I'm comfortable, add a T-shirt, and make a nice appearance.  My mother raised 7 children and worked a full-yime job.  She chose to look nice and she did, without dressing up.

To each her own, I love Bob Mackie.  He is a charming gentleman and Ii enjoy wearing his designs.  I miss George Simonton.  I appreciate class acts, Louis Dell'Olio included.  I don't have a lot of money.  I prefer quality to quantity.  

I had no idea QVC owned these companies mentioned earlier.  If it's true thst explains a lot, like how often certain lines are featured in programming.  I can no longer stand to watch Lori Goldstein or listen to her voice and repetitive statements.

I truly miss Lisa Mason and Lisa Robertson.

For the first time I watched her show this past week.  There was nothing else on and I was sick of the politics on CNN.

She must have said "obsessed" 100 times.   I did buy one of her tops several years ago and I use it as a nightshirt.

On the other hand, I have to sit on both of them when Isaac is on.  As for his vocabulary, I am so used to it in the northeast where practically everyone says "like" every three seconds.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

For the first time I watched her show this past week.  There was nothing else on and I was sick of the politics on CNN.

She must have said "obsessed" 100 times.   I did buy one of her tops several years ago and I use it as a nightshirt.

On the other hand, I have to sit on both of them when Isaac is on.  As for his vocabulary, I am so used to it in the northeast where practically everyone says "like" every three seconds.

I live in the NE too and don't hear anyone saying "like" unless they are....like 15 years old.  :-)