Honored Contributor

Re: I find the dancing and showing of behinds sickening.

@Pook wrote:

I don't find a group of women having fun as degrading in any way.  To call it grinding and mentioning g strings and pasties is just ridiculous.  It's just showing how good the clothing fits and how you can move in it.  Some just see what they want to see or judge by such old fashioned standards when a female was to be subdued and know their place.  I find that attitude to be degrading to women!  Reminds me of my grandmother and her biddies talking about the flapper dances of the day. 

I mentioned g strings and pasties as a joke because of what I consider to be an over the top reaction from some who watch Renee's presentations.  They act like the models are strippers.

And that begs the question, why does anyone keep watching her shows if they are so offended?

Super Contributor

cannot watch her.  

Honored Contributor

QVC decides the programming.  If you don't like it, don't watch.  Don't buy.

You don't get to tell them how to run their business.

Honored Contributor

Heaven forbid a pair of pants make your butt look good! But don't fret ladies the Q still sells plenty of lines that are shapeless and cover up all your nasty bits. No one ever needs to know that you're anatomically correct women
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
Heaven forbid a pair of pants make your butt look good! But don't fret ladies the Q still sells plenty of lines that are shapeless and cover up all your nasty bits. No one ever needs to know that you're anatomically correct women

That's what I was thinking.  Is there something offensive about a cute tush?

From some posts you'd think they pulled their pants down and mooned the camera.

Valued Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I don't find a group of women having fun as degrading in any way.  To call it grinding and mentioning g strings and pasties is just ridiculous.  It's just showing how good the clothing fits and how you can move in it.  Some just see what they want to see or judge by such old fashioned standards when a female was to be subdued and know their place.  I find that attitude to be degrading to women!  Reminds me of my grandmother and her biddies talking about the flapper dances of the day. 

I mentioned g strings and pasties as a joke because of what I consider to be an over the top reaction from some who watch Renee's presentations.  They act like the models are strippers.

And that begs the question, why does anyone keep watching her shows if they are so offended?

Over the top reaction? So women who are saying they don't like nor need see crude behavior to buy clothing is over the top? Interesting. No one said anything indicating they thought the models were  strippers. You are the only poster who used stripper terms even  jokingly as you said.

These people are at work. As I said earlier, if I walked into a B&M store where the salesgirls were showing clothing to me and clenching butt cheeks and hooting like JG does, I'd be out the door thinking I went into the wrong store altogether. 

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

wow! Now ther's an example of a real classy post. thanks for bringing back old fashioned standards. SMH

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Well what would they have to complain about then?? 

Sheesh, my elderly MIL is more modern thinking than these clutcher.

The OP has never said anything positive about anything here yet hangs onto every detail of the Q.

If one were that perturbed they wouldn't watch...but then like I said before what would they have to talk about?? They suck the air out of this board.

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Over the top reaction? So women who are saying they don't like nor need see crude behavior to buy clothing is over the top? Interesting. No one said anything indicating they thought the models were  strippers. You are the only poster who used stripper terms even  jokingly as you said.

These people are at work. As I said earlier, if I walked into a B&M store where the salesgirls were showing clothing to me and clenching butt cheeks and hooting like JG does, I'd be out the door thinking I went into the wrong store altogether. 

Yes, over the top.  Talking about dancing, showing and moving their butts in a "provacative" way and saying that is "disgusting" and "offensive".

I think it's silly, but I don't see the big deal..

Honored Contributor

Yeah......the first time I saw my rear-end in a three-way mirror.......I went on a diet and lost 50 pounds...................

♥Surface of the Sun♥