Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   The knits you are talking about are a whole different fabric than any St. John's I've ever had  and can be slightly tightened or loosened.  

I have had some St. John's resized by a skilled local seamstress who removed the sleeves and reset them so they lay at my shoulder edge where they looked and felt right instead of droopingonto my upper arm.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Nonametoday   The knits you are talking about are a whole different fabric than any St. John's I've ever had  and can be slightly tightened or loosened.  

I have had some St. John's resized by a skilled local seamstress who removed the sleeves and reset them so they lay at my shoulder edge where they looked and felt right instead of droopingonto my upper arm.

@millieshops 

I had it done in more than one garment in Atlanta and they call it sizing and resizing.  It was very expensive.

Honored Contributor

Some garments aren't worth the cost of alteration. Best to just find another one that fits you right.

Trusted Contributor

If you mean the JR sweater from your other post, I don't think I'd try to shrink it.  Alter maybe, but not shrink. 

Honored Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

If you mean the JR sweater from your other post, I don't think I'd try to shrink it.  Alter maybe, but not shrink. 

@Tori3569 @SilleeMee 

As with many garments that I buy from QVC that have not fit right, it will probably end up with my housekeeper.  She is just a little bit bigger than I am and she is beautiful and looks good in anything and is very good to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: How to shrink garments?

[ Edited ]

I don't think that's possible.  You can shrink it but you lose the integrity of the fabric and the fit.  It will look awful if it's even wearable after that.  You need a seamstress who can alter the garment.  A seamstress can perform miracles.