Honored Contributor

QVC never ceases to disappoint me!!!!

I bought that striped sweater jacket of Joan Rivers in the orange/rust color.  When I arrived today, I found it was too large.  I was going to size down and then found they had put it on clearance (although I paid Labor Day price) and now my size that I need is sold out and it is a knit and can't be altered.  I don't know why QVC does such things as that.  Why did they not give the ones who ordered it last week time to get it, try it on and make their decisions about sizes.  It really is the reason I will quit buying.  I did that a couple years ago and now am convinced I must never buy here again.  That happened to me December 2019 and now again.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC never ceases to disappoint me!!!!

I don’t even know what to say to this.
Respected Contributor

So you are saying that when QVC sells articles of clothing that somehow they should know how many people are going to return these items for an exchange so they hold off on selling any more of these items until those people who are going to return them for an exchange do so?  Have you thought this through? 

I know of no other store or online business that would entertain this. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just have nothing to say on this one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

So you are saying that when QVC sells articles of clothing that somehow they should know how many people are going to return these items for an exchange so they hold off on selling any more of these items until those people who are going to return them for an exchange do so?  Have you thought this through? 

@50Mickey 

Yes, I have thought it through and you would thin the same way if it were your oxe that was gored.  I think they should give the articles of clothing bought originally a week of shipping before they put it on clearance to see how many returns they are going.  What is wrong with that.  I never bought anything at a department store and it went on clerarance before I got home with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thought Full Moon was on the 9th.

Respected Contributor

I am sure when inventory gets sparse it triggers a clearance price.  I think your request is unreasonable.  Havent you said you were done before?

Respected Contributor

Q will price adjust within 30 days of item delivery.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

It's just normal retail business.  Prices go up, prices go down.  If an item has only broken sizes left and no reorder, it's clearance rack time.  

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@50Mickey 

Yes, I have thought it through and you would thin the same way if it were your oxe that was gored.  I think they should give the articles of clothing bought originally a week of shipping before they put it on clearance to see how many returns they are going.  What is wrong with that.  I never bought anything at a department store and it went on clerarance before I got home with it.

I'm not sure you would know if something went on clearance shortly after you bought it from a department store unless you went back to check.  The only reason it is possible here is because it's online.