Respected Contributor

PM Style is not even on my radar any more.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor
On 3/17/2015 pommom said:

PM Style is not even on my radar any more.

Same here......and I used to always have PM Style on while doing other things around the house on Monday evenings.....now I have to watch ""Dancing with the Stars"".....UGH..

Respected Contributor

I like Shawn and I liked Lisa....Never liked PM Style.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Regular Contributor

I do understand that QVC has to try to appeal to younger buyers...it is the future. HSN has done this...funny because many of their designers are old but the clothes is youth oriented; leggings and dresses either above the knee or maxi. But Shawn is unique; brash and bold, not very smooth. I can not watch her for long as I find her so opinionated to border on arrogant. Yes, we all want information but who wants to be told what to think. Watch very little any more.

Trusted Contributor
I caught some of her with Issac Mizrahi, and it was so silly, same with the beginning of PM Style. I rarely watch the presentations, as I prefer the view items online. *It just came across as immature and cheesy.
New Contributor

I used to like Shawn until she got too full of herself. Its not an attractive trait. There is a time and place for the skirt she wore last night ,I guess. It was so distracting to watch her flip around in it. What in the world was that look. Not for PM Style!

Super Contributor
On 3/16/2015 tough_kitty said:
On 3/16/2015 OldFoogey said:

Ok so the Dansko`s are adorbs and so comfortable that you will want to wear them to bed. Shawn, they are shoes for heaven`s sake!! IMO there were better choices for a host for this show and yes I`m changing the channel.

"adorbs" was the best part....NOT.....I get the use of short cuts in text messages...but on TV?? Seems odd. I don't like it just like I don't like to hear "fab", "delish", or "hon", but perhaps it's just me....

I don't know how she was able to do the new on CBS with speech like this. Or did she just acquire this for the "Q"?

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps she should take note of my sig line.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor
On 3/17/2015 stray770 said: They are salespeople and it is their job to sell products. You don't have to like the host or feel they are honest....if I like the product, I buy it. What Shawn wears in her personal life is no concern to me and should not be to anyone else. I was not a fan of LR thought she was very self absorbed. Do you really think she was in touch with young, older or anyone else or that she wore what she was asked to sell including the GILI junk. Was she really in touch with any viewer talking of Madison Avenue and the product looking monied? Shawn is quirky, funky, regular and at least moves around the set...not just standing there posing. Lisa was very aggressive in her sales approach. It is not a matter of young, old or middle aged, male or female..... The target audience is people who purchase items from TV.
Say what you want, but Lisa was always a class act with a sense of humor from PMStyle to New York fashion week to jewelry shows from Italy. Shawn doesn't come close.
Super Contributor
On 3/17/2015 dperry said:
On 3/17/2015 jewelfool said:

Boomer here, too. Although I do like some of the newer styles and have bought several pieces of LOGO and Isaac. However, remember when Talbots thought they needed to change for the younger generation? It almost closed their doors for good! We are the only generation willing and able to spend money on the things we really want.

jewelfool, do you think that Talbots has learned its lesson? Do you think that they are trying to get back to their roots? Gosh, I was horrified when they completely changed their stores.

Yes, I do think they have gotten back to their roots. However, I don't buy there a lot anymore. They lost me for those few years and I'm not sure they've successfully "wooed" us back overall. There was a day that I never shopped anywhere but there, but when they went astray and one sales associate had the nerve to say to my face they were trying to appeal too a "younger" shopper, I pretty much wrote them off. I told her and wrote to their corporate "good luck with appealing to the younger shopper.....the "older" shopper like me is the one with the disposable income to pay their high prices."