Honored Contributor

Re: First Clooney Wedding Pictures

I wonder if he'll change his mind about not wanting children?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm the only one in the world who can't stand Clooney. Or, anything he does. LOL

Honored Contributor

I wish people would stop assuming that George wanted a big wedding ...... wealthy parents often spend a fortune on their offsprings' weddings ...... and Amal's parents are LOADED! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It's entirely possible she was always going to have a lavish wedding ..... it's just that if she married some stuffy English aristocrat barrister, the event wouldn't have come up on our radar screens!

Respected Contributor

Clooney dropped a bundle on Amal's engagement ring with a big honkin' 7+-karat diamond and two smaller diamonds on the sides. One publication claimed it cost $750 K.

Amal Alamuddin's Engagement Ring from George Clooney – See Exclusive Photos!| Couples, Engagements, Amal Alamuddin, George Clooney

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 momcat said:

I'm the only one in the world who can't stand Clooney. Or, anything he does. LOL

I'm not at all taken by is acting ability. He dresses well and is nice looking.

Respected Contributor

I think he's the typical Hollywood hypocrite. He certainly has lots of company in that department!

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Ms X said:

I think he's the typical Hollywood hypocrite. He certainly has lots of company in that department!

"typical Hollywood hypocrite" ....... meaning you have some examples of what this means? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Many of the top actors are now more involved in humanitarian causes than ever before. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to do what they do!

Respected Contributor

He went on record in several interviews as supporting Occupy Wall Street. This display seems at odds with those sentiments. I don't understand why it's okay for him but not the others who Occupy denounced. Certainly, so many in Hollywood do the same thing.

Super Contributor

Always so many detractors. Why not just live and let live?

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 momcat said:

You are NOT alone! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}