Trusted Contributor

Re: First Clooney Wedding Pictures

Stunning, successful woman who is a natural beauty and would look gorgeous in a paper bag. Such elegance. They are going to make beautiful babies if they decide to have them.

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Daysdee said:
On 9/30/2014 kachina624 said: I wonder if he'll change his mind about not wanting children?

Has already been said in print that they want children. Of course, don't know if that is true. She is young so a family may be in their future.

She is 36, I believe, so not really young (though quite a bit younger than he is). People are having children later and later, so you never know.

Beautiful couple!

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 lcmel said:

The dress is pretty and she does look gorgeous, but of all her outfit choices over the weekend, arrival dress, rehearsal dinner dress, brunch dress, civil ceremony pants and hat, the wedding dress was the least special. After all those other truly outstanding outfits, the dress was a bit of a let down for me

I agree.

All her other outfits were relatively "edgy" and her wedding dress is VERY traditional.

However, the dress is very lovely and she looks so beautiful!!

Honored Contributor

What an absolutely gorgeous dress! Love the shoulder straps, it's looks lovely!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Ms X said:

Does Mrs. George Clooney put Marie Antoinette to shame?

An article (link below) about her wardrobe during her days-long bridal blow-out details her bespoke this, haute couture that, and custom-made the other thing. The reporter observes that women will want to emulate her and look like her. What? Not even "the 1%" has this kind of dough! Maybe the 0.000001% can get the look. She spent more on her clothes during her bridal celebration than the average woman spends in at least a decade.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2774864/From-custom-Oscar-la-Renta-wedding-dress-red-hot-A...

I hope she is a "model" for what it looks like to dress like a lady even if you spend very little on your clothing. (A similar look can be copied for a lot less money.) Nice to see the newly married couple dressed nicely and not in an old tee shirt and ragged jeans. She is very stylish and that look can be had with less expensive items. Granted the fit and fabric may not be as elegant, but the "average" person can dress nicely and take pride in their appearance too.

I hardly think people need Amal as an example of how to dress well. Many of her uber-expensive duds were quite nice, but that flowered dress with the oddly short hemline in the front shouldn't be copied by anyone over the age of 8. She needed some tips on how to dress well when she put that on.

Super Contributor

I was also going to say how else are you going to travel around Venice except by boat? One of my everlasting memories is arriving at the airport and being driven to our boat to take us to our hotel in Venice. (I will admit, for an hour, I did feel special!) ALso, while I don't agree with Mr. Clooney's politics, he has done alot of charity work around the world, especially in Sudan. She is a human rights attorney, quite successful in her own right. Who cares how much their wedding or their rings cost?They can afford it! Geez, do you notice how much an average person spends on a wedding these days? WHy, oh why, do every single one of these threads have to go the way of nastiness talking about whatever it is. George got married in Venice. He has a home in Italy. He is a very well paid Hollywood star. She comes from a wealthy family and is a successful attorney. Hey, they actually got married before having children! They are a gorgeous couple. Stop harping on any little thing you think you've got on them.

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Ms X said:
On 9/30/2014 Ms X said:

Does Mrs. George Clooney put Marie Antoinette to shame?

An article (link below) about her wardrobe during her days-long bridal blow-out details her bespoke this, haute couture that, and custom-made the other thing. The reporter observes that women will want to emulate her and look like her. What? Not even "the 1%" has this kind of dough! Maybe the 0.000001% can get the look. She spent more on her clothes during her bridal celebration than the average woman spends in at least a decade.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2774864/From-custom-Oscar-la-Renta-wedding-dress-red-hot-A...

I hope she is a "model" for what it looks like to dress like a lady even if you spend very little on your clothing. (A similar look can be copied for a lot less money.) Nice to see the newly married couple dressed nicely and not in an old tee shirt and ragged jeans. She is very stylish and that look can be had with less expensive items. Granted the fit and fabric may not be as elegant, but the "average" person can dress nicely and take pride in their appearance too.

I hardly think people need Amal as an example of how to dress well. Many of her designer duds were quite nice, but that flowered dress with the oddly short hemline in the front shouldn't be copied by anyone over the age of 8. She needed some tips on how to dress well when she put that on.

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 9/30/2014 Sooner said:
On 9/30/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 9/30/2014 Ms X said:

I think he's the typical Hollywood hypocrite. He certainly has lots of company in that department!

"typical Hollywood hypocrite" ....... meaning you have some examples of what this means? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Many of the top actors are now more involved in humanitarian causes than ever before. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to do what they do!

It is quite possible that many of us here give a larger percentage of what we have to live on than they do. . . Think about that!

Okayyyyyy ......... Well, I have no idea what percentage you give away and what you earn, but good for you. So what are you saying .... that you're a better person than everyone else? I'm not sure what your point is here. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Lots of celebrities give MILLIONS .... Angelina did that regularly even before she met Brad.

WHERE on earth did you get that from what I said? I didn't say whether I gave one penny ever to a charity or half my salary. It is something I don't discuss with anyone. I was simply saying that they may give millions, but considering their earning power and assets, it may NOT be as big a percentage of their income they live off of as some people here give. I am saying that we have no idea what their financial situation is, except they have money unimaginable to us. And I'm saying that I'm sure some people on these boards give money to charities and religious groups that actually eats into what they live on, and may be a bigger sacrifice.

Personally I think some made-for-public-consumption wedding like this is tacky and tasteless. I've thought that about a lot of those weddings made for a public show. Sorry, but that's what I think--a total lack of class. I keep thinking about the Kardashians and the rest of these event weddings.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it is the least bit tacky to manage the PR around your wedding or any other personal event. The people know that they will be dogged by papparazi and take a different path. These folks realize pictures will be taken...so why not control the pictures that are released, feed the monster...and score some cash for a charity? Seems smart to me.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Contributor

Beautiful couple. I am happy for them.