Honored Contributor

Re: First Clooney Wedding Pictures

I was fascinated seeing the footage of them traveling in boats. My dh and I have a 1962 wooden Christ Craft boat that we are madly in love with. We are always in the process of restoring it. I wasn't looking at George Clooney or his new bride, I was looking that those gorgeous old boats they were riding in!

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Here's more ... just put online:

http://www.vogue.com/2041281/amal-alamuddin-wedding-dress-oscar-de-la-renta/

i think it's stunning.

Super Contributor

In my opinion, she is not classically "beautiful" but has that exotic , sort of "ageless" look and is very well put together (who wouldn't be, with her $$$) - she's obviously very smart - and seems to be involved with causes that George also supports, so they have lots in common...

Valued Contributor

I'm getting a little bit tired of the pictures plastered everywhere that I have to wade through to get to the news ...

but Amal looks absolutely stunning in every single photo. Beautiful woman with simply fabulous outfits every time.

I hope to see more of her in the future because she's a sight for sore eyes.

Regular Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Jackielee said:

Such a beautiful dress on a beautiful woman marrying the most handsome man in the world. Loved her white pantsuit that she wore for the civil ceremony too. Loved all of the clothes that she wore over the weekend. Now, I hope that all young brides will take note of how George's bride did not feel the need to be some "Hot" fox baring everything up front. See how tasteful and lovely a bit of modesty can be, young ladies.

I agree with you. I like to watch Say Yes To The Dress and can't understand the women who say they want to look sexy. There's a time and place for that but in my opinion, it's not walking down the aisle.

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 evergreen said:

Such a beautiful dress on a beautiful woman marrying the most handsome man in the world. Loved her white pantsuit that she wore for the civil ceremony too. Loved all of the clothes that she wore over the weekend. Now, I hope that all young brides will take note of how George's bride did not feel the need to be some "Hot" fox baring everything up front. See how tasteful and lovely a bit of modesty can be, young ladies.

I agree with you. I like to watch Say Yes To The Dress and can't understand the women who say they want to look sexy. There's a time and place for that but in my opinion, it's not walking down the aisle.

Loved all she wore even the pants suit except the below could have stood a couple of inches more in my humble opinion. Do not wear on windy days.

456312112.jpg

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 LadyBug77 said: Amal is a gorgeous woman but I don't care for her wedding gown. It seems rather "plain." I thought she would wear a glamorous gown with lots of bling. I also thought that although her hair is beautiful I was hoping she would wear a stylish updo. But that's just my opinion which is worth basically nothing. At any rate, she is stunning.

What's that saying? Dress boldly and people notice the dress..........Dress impeccably and people notice the woman?

Honored Contributor

lovely

Super Contributor

Love, love, LOVE her wedding gown; classic elegance in ivory tulle and chantilly lace. Hopefully Mr. de la Renta's off-the-shoulder design means the start of the post-strapless-bridal-gown era.

The Clooneys are Cary Grant and Jaqueline Bouvier all wrapped up in one beautiful modern package.

Super Contributor

Her civil ceremony ensemble was designed by British designer, Stella McCartney. And wasn't it chic and lovely!