Regular Contributor

Re: Do you wear the same pair of shoes two or more days in a row?

I am retired now but I change shoes almost everyday and never go barefoot. I have inside shoes or slippers and when I go out (which is almost everyday) I wear some to coordinate with my outfit.

Esteemed Contributor

I try not to, but if I do, so be it. I don't keep any shoes that are "shabby". The minute they show signs of wear, out they go! I am one that firmly believes shoes DO make the outfit.

Isn't it funny that men often wear the same pair of shoes day after day after day?!?!?!

Trusted Contributor

Rarely will I wear the same shoes back to back unless I'm on vacation and my shoe wardrobe is, of necessity, self-limited.

Since I've also recently joined the ranks of the retired, the shoes I need are far fewer than are currently in my wardrobe. I still can't resist a beautiful leather pump on sale!

I switch up shoes more for my feet than to air out the shoes. Never heels two days in a row - my feet would rebel - although I wore 3" heels and higher each and every day during my career. Now, the shoes for the day will dictate the outfit for the day as there are different jeans/casual pants to wear with flats, clogs or heeled boots!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never heard of needing to air shoes out. I am wearing socks why should my shoes need to air out???
Frequent Contributor

I have never aired out my shoes. I wear whatever looks best with my outfit for that day. Of course, my family makes fun of me because of my shoe obsession. So, I probably rarely wear the same pair for days at a time.

Honored Contributor

In the winter, I likely wear the same shoes/boots more than 2 days I a row. In the summer, I swap out sandals more because I have quite a few.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I sometimes wear the same pair 2 days in a row - just depends on my outfit. I take my shoes off when I get home from work and let them "air out" until the next morning. If I am not wearing them the next day I will put them back in the box.

Super Contributor

You bet! I wore these every day since August and I just got the next pair that I'll probably wear the rest of the year. My feet like Orthaheel and comfort isn't cheap. If anyone thinks it's weird, then so be it.

VIONIC with Orthaheel Technology - Maggie

Trusted Contributor

On 1/28/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:

Yes

It is snowy here in the North, so I wear (snow not fashion) boots to work everyday. I keep 3 pair of shoes at work, and wear the pair that goes best with my pants. No skirts for awhile here! It happens that I might wear the same pair 2 or 3 days in a row, but since I am wearing socks everyday, I don't give it a second thought.