Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I don't buy any of Q's clothing, as I have other choices outside of QVC.  Don't they have different styles of clothing for Denim & Co?  I think one of them is called studio? I think the Q is trying to shake these up & better offerings from D & C. I can only assume this is so, because Denim & Co has declined in sales. Fom what I read, this brand used to be super popular.

The brand is still super popular -- it has expanded over the past few years to include several new divisions (Studio, Beach, Active, etc.). I don't think they would do that if it were not doing well. Like it or not, it is popular with lots of women. I just think the people who don't like it are more likely to voice their opinions here.

Respected Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Denim & Co has changed quite a bit.

Never really bought a whole lot from this line, but what I do have is nothing like what their offering sometimes now.

I think that the line was better when it was more basic styles and colors and not all this trying to keep up with the latest fashion trend or latest colors. Does not mean boring.

Big prints in any brand are not the most flattering thing a lot of the time for a lot of women. Prints yes, ridiculously loud or ridiculously big  - especially with poor placement of the pattern do not do anyone any favors.

And, as for Gary, I still do not see the point of him being on the shows - he adds absolutely nothing. The host can handle the show just fine without him.

Denim & Co still offers a lot of basic styles in solid colors. But they have expanded to include the D&Co "take" on some current trends in fashion. I sometimes feel as though they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't (include more modern things). And apparently Gary does add to the shows on which he appears, at least as far as increased sales, since he will be on almost all of the D&Co shows going forward. For me, personally, I enjoy seeing him with several of the hosts, as they have a good rapport which makes the shows a little more fun.

Esteemed Contributor

I only order clothing from the linea line. I find the other lines run very large on me.

Respected Contributor

I have seen large and flowery prints in all B&M stores , catalogs, and online. It really seems to be a trend to me. I even saw a post on my main page from a decorating magazine stating that they are becoming a trend in decorating. 

I do not like a lot in my  home decor as I do not live well with 'busy' designs . I think a  touch here and there may be nice.

In fashion if a few flowers are placed strategically on the garment they can draw the eye to the right location and be figure flattering. All over a garment is not my 'cup of tea' but many people wear them nicely.

As with any fashion trend if we wait a while it will reverse. That is the nature of selling. Denim &Co. offer a lot of solid colors too.

Honored Contributor

Your gaudy and loud is someone else's bright and colorful.

There are plenty of other things to choose from if you want.  Not all D&C is like this. 

Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

why so much is  so gaudy and loud?    They need to change up their look. I am 63 but do not want to dress LIKE THAT.     Who are they targeting? Not boomers that I  knowa294088.jpga342718.jpga346284.jpg

AGREE - these prints are beyond unflattering. NO one (including me) I know would ANYTHING like these.

@manhattan1950, you don't like them. That's fine. But is it really necessary to not so subtly insult those who might?

I know, I know, you'll probably post a big "Yawn" or a bunch of "zzzz" at me; right? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3.  That's her job here on these boards and I must admit she does it very well. LOL

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3.  That's her job here on these boards and I must admit she does it very well. LOL

@proudlyfromNJ, hmmm...maybe for a while. Then it's off to another sig. Rinse, spit, repeat.

I get a weird kick out of her/him.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ, hmmm...maybe for a while. Then it's off to another sig. Rinse, spit, repeat.

I get a weird kick out of her/him.

@suzyQ3, @proudlyfromNJ,

I'm giggling at your responses.

I thought I was the only one who is entertained by her/his posts.  

I'm also very rich, very beautiful, a gourmet chef and interior designer...in my head.    😁

Respected Contributor

Re: Denim and Co Fashion

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I don't understand why people want a line of clothing to change to suit them.  

Just find another line that you like and let the people who like Denim & Co. the way it is to keep getting what they like.

There are so many options out there

👆This. This. This. Thank you. @QueenDanceALot