Honored Contributor

Re: D & Co ""How Smooth"" jeans- QVC had a winner-why have they changed them???

I never tried the others but I know a lot of people liked them.

I haven't seen this new version on anyone because I've not had Q on at all. I will say, IMO these are NOT a straight leg jean, these are tapered. They don't even look good on that thin model in the still shot. You can tell they are tapered.

Super Contributor

What is stopping me from trying them is the wide band at the top of the pant. It looks really bad and makes them look like pregnancy pants. Too bad...

Respected Contributor

I don't care for these at all.....not a fan of tapered or straight legs.

D & C had a perfect pair of jeans (A00207) and they have not been available in the longest time. They fit, wore and washed well.

There are many, many 5 star reviews and many customers begging to bring them back.......and they're still not available.

I hate when they have a winner and either discontinue the item or change it.

What's up with that?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2014 10sluvr said:

the q could stock both! the bootcut is so popular and sold out fast-bring it back for some of us that love that style. offer the straight leg for those that like that one.give me a khaki in bootcut, though!

DO BOTH!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor

I cannot wear these, but just heard Carolyn say that the boot cut version will be back, but don't know when. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

I hate boot cut jeans period, end of story. I am tall but I like a straight, slim leg pant or jean. They just look better on me.

I don't own these pants, but Dillard's sells a line called Investments. It is a similar designed pant (minus the front pockets) and I really like them best for my pull on pants. I for one prefer a wide, flat band as opposed to the gathered, high waist elastic band. It's just a cleaner look on me. I mostly wear zip front jeans and pants but do like this style of pull on very much.

I think I heard that man that is on with Carolyn say boot cut will be back for those that like them.

Esteemed Contributor

I've just noticed in the current presentation with Jane Brown, it sounds as though they are now actually defending the fact that these jeans are not like the originals--LOL! Apparently they have gotten the message today from all of us who are so disappointed. Although I'm frustrated that this happened, it's almost funny how they are approaching this. They just had a caller saying the bootcut was their favorite, and Gary said to be patient, they're working on getting those back. They're making lots of "defensive" statements. The one thing I really dislike, however, is that they keep calling it a "straight leg" -- you cannot have a straight leg if the knee is 3" wider than the bottom of the pant-it's physically impossible-it is a TAPERED JEAN!! They are just not being truthful. Maybe we all finally got through and now they "get it", because these are just not selling at all like the originals did. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Super Contributor

Just wondering if the original boot cut jeans last year also had this goofy looking waistband?

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2014 PuppyBreath said:

Just wondering if the original boot cut jeans last year also had this goofy looking waistband?

Yes -- that's the defining feature of the "How Smooth" line, I think. It is based on the popular Jag style (of which I own shorts and capris), unless Jag copied it from somewhere else. They are extremely comfortable once you pull 'em up! (And, of course, nobody sees it because they are definitely NOT meant for tucking.)

Super Contributor

On 1/28/2014 jonbon said:
On 1/28/2014 PuppyBreath said:

Yes -- that's the defining feature of the "How Smooth" line, I think. It is based on the popular Jag style (of which I own shorts and capris), unless Jag copied it from somewhere else. They are extremely comfortable once you pull 'em up! (And, of course, nobody sees it because they are definitely NOT meant for tucking.)

Thank you.