Honored Contributor

Re: D & Co ""How Smooth"" jeans- QVC had a winner-why have they changed them???

I prefer straight leg, but don't like the waist band.

Contributor

THANK YOU Kittymom! I totally agree with you. I much prefer a boot cut and was only able to get the original in green. I also have been begging Q to restock them. Thanks as well for the info that these are tapered, not straight. I ordered two pair this morning to try but I just canceled my order since so many of you say that you heard the original is coming back in stock. I'll be patient and wait for the boot cut!
Esteemed Contributor

They are the same fabric only the leg is different. I brought a few pairs yesterday.

Regular Contributor

I like the "How Smooth" jean concept. I like both the boot cut and straight leg styles. Right now there are many tops and cardigans that are worn outside. This "Jag style" jean really provides a flat surface for upper torso garments. If one wants to tuck in and wear a belt, then the traditional waist and belt loops might be preferred. Like any garment, a body type dictates what looks best. My shape is small but not flat tummy, average hips and skinny thighs and legs. My thicker waist means that I need to buy pants that accommodate it, resulting in flappy seat and leg. "How Smooth" (at least the original pair) was a good fit for me. Too many of QVC jeans I tried flapped in the seat and legs, but not these. I hope what I ordered yesterday are equally flattering because I did find them suited to my dimensions. Reviews should reflect a particular body form.
Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.glare} Yes, they do remind me of the "Jag style" jean.

Respected Contributor

I was one of the ones who requested the "straight leg" version of this jean, but then I noticed that they are tapered....and that looks awful. What were they thinking of?

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Sorry to disagree. I can't wait to get my pair of straight leg (tapered) jeans. I wear boots with my jeans, and I like to show my boots, so I have always disliked bell bottom (boot cut) jeans, as there is too much material to fold inside a boot.

I don't see any reason why they can't have both styles and would suggest they do that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/29/2014 Ford1224 said:

Sorry to disagree. I can't wait to get my pair of straight leg (tapered) jeans. I wear boots with my jeans, and I like to show my boots, so I have always disliked bell bottom (boot cut) jeans, as there is too much material to fold inside a boot.

I don't see any reason why they can't have both styles and would suggest they do that.

I certainly see your point for the way you like to wear jeans and agree about them having both styles. It just really irritated me, and apparently a lot of other people, that they kept saying "we listened to you" and "we've brought back the jeans you've been begging for". This was extremely misleading because they did not - Heather (with Denim & Co) even said they changed them because the so-called straight leg (which it isn't-it is tapered) is the most popular pant style for Denim & Co. Maybe it is, and that's fine, but the fact still remains that they did not listen to what we were saying{#emotions_dlg.crying} - this is a totally different jean from the changes in the rise and inseam length, to the tapered leg. So they really didn't hear us - hopefully they will do as they say and bring back the bootcut, but who knows when? Hope you enjoy your new ones!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

I prefer the boot cut as well. I have three pair of them..

Will NOT be getting this version. I think they messed up.

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 1/29/2014 Ford1224 said:

I certainly see your point for the way you like to wear jeans and agree about them having both styles. It just really irritated me, and apparently a lot of other people, that they kept saying "we listened to you" and "we've brought back the jeans you've been begging for". This was extremely misleading because they did not - Heather (with Denim & Co) even said they changed them because the so-called straight leg (which it isn't-it is tapered) is the most popular pant style for Denim & Co. Maybe it is, and that's fine, but the fact still remains that they did not listen to what we were saying{#emotions_dlg.crying} - this is a totally different jean from the changes in the rise and inseam length, to the tapered leg. So they really didn't hear us - hopefully they will do as they say and bring back the bootcut, but who knows when? Hope you enjoy your new ones!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Thank you, I hope i do too. Since my back problems have shortened my height by 2 inches, wide or bell bottom type pants overwhelm me. I am hoping thinner, tapered legs will give me back a little height.

I'm sorry they didn't listen to what the customers wanted. I have never bought these jeans on QVC, so I was never a party to that issue. i do hope they offer both styles because it seems both are popular.

I wanted to add that while osteoporosis shortens your back, it does not shorten your legs. I'm hopeful these won't be too long (I bought the regular) but if they are, they should be easy to fold up, which is another thing one cannot do with the wide bottoms.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986