Respected Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Top Reaction!

@Pook wrote:

It might also have fit really well but just not the conservative type clothing that they like - thus the reason for the comment.  I've seen many like that and not one that didn't look good.  No matter this just seems to be just another cold shoulder bashing post.  No matter what anyone wears there is always going to be some who don't like the style and will criticize or laugh at it. 

Maybe it was ill-fitting but then again, there's been so much bashing of this style and women who wear it, I wouldn't be surprised if the OP posted this as a thinly veiled mock. 

Esteemed Contributor

I laughed when i read your post.....it reminded me of my husband and my food shopping trip last week.....he stood on the deli line while i shopped for other items........we finished our shopping and went to the checkout....two shoppers online at the register ahead of us was an older woman wearing a denim jacket....my husband said..."the lady two people ahead of us i really felt bad for...."  i said why..not really checking the lady out at that point....and he said " because she was ordering at the deli and it looked like she might not have had much money".....and i said why ?  And he said "she had rips all over her jacket"

so then...i looked ahead and realized the woman had a jacket on that had the "distressed look"......there were quite a few rips ............but i knew she had bought it that way......................i couldn't help laughing....i must admit i am not a fan of the "distressed" look.....but cracked up at his reaction to it believing the woman may have $$$ problems............she prob paid a bunch of $$$ for that jacket!! ha

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitlynn ~ I'm not a fan of the cold shoulder top.  Not at all.  That being said, I saw a dress I fell in love with ~ the print (it had birds on it), the color, the flounce at the skirt hem.  The drawback?  It had the dreaded cold shoulder.  I ordered it anyway, and for the life of me I had the hardest time getting the thing on, lol!  Once on, I took one look and said, 'No.  Oh, no!'  The shoulder area was so droopy!  I packed it up and sent it back the next day.  It was an expensive dress, too.  Too bad because I would have kept it if not for the cold shoulder!!!

ETA:  @kelsey17 ~ Too funny!  Men!  ARGHHHH!!!!  Now I'm going to be self-conscious when I wear my distressed denim jacket, lol!

Honored Contributor

Not for me.    My shoulder span is wider than my hips.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't wear them but if they are designed and made properly some women look good in them.  However, like with anything too much of a good thing is boring.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I carefully buy them and they are just fine on me.  I did get a reaction from my hubby however.  He only saw one side and wondered if I had torn my shirt and he could wait for me to change before we went out together.  I guess it is a guy thing. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It might also have fit really well but just not the conservative type clothing that they like - thus the reason for the comment.  I've seen many like that and not one that didn't look good.  No matter this just seems to be just another cold shoulder bashing post.  No matter what anyone wears there is always going to be some who don't like the style and will criticize or laugh at it. 

I wasn't trying to be critical of the style I was just sharing what I thought was a funny reaction from my husband who had no idea what a cold shoulder top even is or that it is very fashionable. I have personally saw a lot of them on some women and they look great.

Respected Contributor

This one looks really nice on you Stylish Lady.

Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Maybe it was ill-fitting but then again, there's been so much bashing of this style and women who wear it, I wouldn't be surprised if the OP posted this as a thinly veiled mock. 

I didn't post it as a thinly veiled mock of any kind. I posted it because I thought it was a funny reaction from my husband who had no idea it is the latest style. I have seen many of them on women that I think look great.

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I laughed when i read your post.....it reminded me of my husband and my food shopping trip last week.....he stood on the deli line while i shopped for other items........we finished our shopping and went to the checkout....two shoppers online at the register ahead of us was an older woman wearing a denim jacket....my husband said..."the lady two people ahead of us i really felt bad for...."  i said why..not really checking the lady out at that point....and he said " because she was ordering at the deli and it looked like she might not have had much money".....and i said why ?  And he said "she had rips all over her jacket"

so then...i looked ahead and realized the woman had a jacket on that had the "distressed look"......there were quite a few rips ............but i knew she had bought it that way......................i couldn't help laughing....i must admit i am not a fan of the "distressed" look.....but cracked up at his reaction to it believing the woman may have $$$ problems............she prob paid a bunch of $$$ for that jacket!! ha

Ha Ha Ha another great example of a husband who has no idea what the latest fashion is!! Same as mine with the cold shoulder top. No idea at all.