Respected Contributor

My husband I were out to dinner yesterday and a woman came in. She had on a cold shoulder top that had spaghetti straps and the sleeve part was really hanging down low on her arms by her elbows and looked very floppy. My husband leans over and says to me " that woman must not realize that she has torn both the sleeves on her shirt and they are just hanging by a thread! Ha Ha Ha!! I explained to him what a cold shoulder design is. He replied "well that is just silly to pay money for something that looks tacky and like you have had some kind of accident." Ha Ha Ha

Honored Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Top Reaction!

In all fairness to the designers, some cold shoulder tops are designed better than the one you saw.  However, just because someone else can look okay in a well-made piece doesn't mean it's for everyone.  No way.  I don't care who the designer is -  I don't know of any designer who does a good job of dressing everyone.

I think there are myriad fashions many of us would do well to think twice about.  I have never once, for example, tried on a pencil skirt and thought I looked okay in it and yet many women do.  Same with tucked in tops  of all sorts -  just not flattering on my body type even when the garments are well designed and well made.  I just know they're for someone else.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitlynn  Your husband has a valid point. Not all "designers" are good at what they do. Nor are all buyers wise in their purchasing decisions. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

No matter what you choose to wear, if it doesn't fit properly it won't look good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of cold shoulder tops either. I have seen a few people that looked good in them, most however did not. And I've said this before, I really think it has to fit perfectly in order to look good. It's definitely not a one size fits all.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It might also have fit really well but just not the conservative type clothing that they like - thus the reason for the comment.  I've seen many like that and not one that didn't look good.  No matter this just seems to be just another cold shoulder bashing post.  No matter what anyone wears there is always going to be some who don't like the style and will criticize or laugh at it. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

No matter what you choose to wear, if it doesn't fit properly it won't look good.

rs_634x1024-180617094230-634--meghan--harry.cm.61818.jpg  

Here's an example...looks quite large on her petite frame. 

Respected Contributor

Haven't seen the particular top the originating poster mentions, and would love to see a photo. I have decided to wear some of the style. Here is one outfit i wore a couple months ago on a Sunday to church and dining out.

MrsBlue2.JPG

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady I’m not a wearer of cold shoulder shirts/ blouses but you look nice and I mean it. Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

Don't care what is posted, or what kind of spin is put on the cold shoulder look, I will never like it. Oh well.